Mon, Sep 9, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2022 at 5:54 PM
primorge posted at 2:38 PM Sun, 16 October 2022 - #4446797

Here's the V4 head shape morph.

[...]

HFjhqw42aSJOwalQuQ907RXREhzjdkvMO6w2JfnA.png

I love it. I was just thinking the other day that Antonia's skull is way too round in the profile and needs a morph for a good buzz cut look.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2022 at 5:55 PM
jartz posted at 4:09 PM Sun, 16 October 2022 - #4446802

I'm interested in the eye scaling, as I have been having trouble scaling the applying morphs and the eyes don't seem to work with it.  

As for AP1.3, it's very promising, my render by the way.

03Xt5LSEAdlP1EuraY9Q6ogBWbcmC1Oh99bGsH7x.png

Nice! I like it.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2022 at 10:01 PM · edited Sun, 16 October 2022 at 10:08 PM
adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2022 at 2:30 AM

I knew you could do this! Thank you!

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2022 at 1:39 PM · edited Mon, 17 October 2022 at 1:41 PM

I'm happy to report that my animated centers EyeScale dials pass successfully to injection :)

I'll move on to the translation dials next, which should be much easier.

Barring some disaster, I'll release an open source complete eye pack for Antonia this weekend. Scale, Translation, and Iris/Pupil morphs. I was considering folding these morphs into a much larger morph package but there's a couple of people who seem to want this posthaste. So I'll release things more episodically.

The failure of the match centers was actually a blessing in disguise as now I'm very versed in the use of manually animated centers, which will have much more uses besides during projects in the future.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2022 at 6:43 PM · edited Tue, 18 October 2022 at 6:44 PM

I see all the usual suspects lurking about but nobody's sayin' nothing lol.

Eyemorphs update... the translate dials are done except for forward and back. Both eyes have individual scale and translate dials and a master that drives both over top, all work to 1/-1. All dials in the Body. I'm trying to keep the naming conventions as similar to odf's as possible including the parm group naming. The group is just called pr_EyeMorphs. I'm naming the collapsed group for all the non user dependency dials 'Hidden' as to not conflict with odf's naming of Internal globally across involved actors (head/lEye/rEye)...

Oh yeah, oddly enough match centers to morph for translations works perfectly. Saved me a lot of work.

Any requests for additional things for the eyes that I might not be covering?

Thus far: EyesScale, EyesHeight, EyesApartTogether, EyesForwardBack... I'm thinking an EyesRotate or maybe an EyesInner and Outer Height, some lacrimal things (pinch, scale) and then some Pupil and Iris scale and pupil shaping things.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2022 at 6:59 PM · edited Tue, 18 October 2022 at 7:01 PM

A weirdo preview sketch I did last night before bed... poor Antonia :D

7Da1j0Ax4wqdnOqeu71VbDG48RzO6dTydvxTJye0.png

odf ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2022 at 7:15 PM

"One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble!"

I've been wondering if the receding pupil might have thrown Poser's match center calculations off. Hard to tell for sure, though, without doing extensive tests or having a peek at the actual code.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2022 at 8:08 PM · edited Tue, 18 October 2022 at 8:17 PM

odf posted at 7:15 PM Tue, 18 October 2022 - #4446963

"One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble!"

I've been wondering if the receding pupil might have thrown Poser's match center calculations off. Hard to tell for sure, though, without doing extensive tests or having a peek at the actual code.

Dunno. Doesn't seem to effect translations, only scales. It might though. It seems to be having a hard time finding dead center so your theory might have some merit. But match centers has no problem with finding center with LF's eyes. Then again, I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure that LF's pupil is a receding cone that's terminus is dead center of the eyeball. An odd pupil design that I always wondered about.

Incidentally your query about just using Poser's scale and matching it to the deformations wouldn't have worked easily. The scaling origin is different between Blender/Poser and the scale morphs I made so it would have to be not only a scale but a slight translation to match. Very tricky with eyes, you need everything to be an exact match or clipping happens. Even the slightest bit of clipping is a real PITA to deal with.

Working on this is going much quicker than the Nova eye stuff I did. Consider that there I had to make 3 sets of morphs for each transformation I did, 2 additional for the conforming crosstalk with the conforming lashes and brows. That was almost nightmarish... a good trial by fire for eye morphs though.

Anyway, I need to make some hidden utility sub dependencies to correct some brow texture stretching/compression at extreme dial ranges. It's a little thing, probably not something the normal range use would be relevant to, you can see it in the animation but those brows are a bit lower than Saintfox's, but I'll do it by using a default textured head in Mudbox which I'll have set as locked and comparing to a textured morphed version which I sculpt the difference onto. Just very minor tweaking to minimize it. I should have baked it in but attaching another sub is no big deal.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2022 at 8:34 PM · edited Tue, 18 October 2022 at 8:37 PM

...as far as generating character shares derived from the eye morphs, I'm not seeing why a typical dial spinner pose wouldn't work provided the eye morphs are present. In regards to a custom morph that includes elements of the Eye morphs, that one might be a bit more tricky. Baking it together would require setting up the centers again, good luck lol. I'm not seeing why a hybrid dial spinner couldn't be created though; that is, an inject that spins pre existing to value and also calls pmd to inject custom. It's a shame lesbentley isn't around anymore, he would probably be able to demonstrate the pz2 hack for that.

I think I'll try and figure that out at some point, maybe post it over at the 11 tech forum. Betcha Nerd would know... of course if anyone lurking knows don't be shy. This might be relevant to ADP or someone else.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 4:58 AM · edited Wed, 19 October 2022 at 4:59 AM
Online Now!
primorge 

Thank you  😄

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 7:31 AM
Y-Phil posted at 4:58 AM Wed, 19 October 2022 - #4446988
primorge 

Thank you  😄
You're welcome. Though I'm not sure what I'm being thanked for. Thanks are in short supply so I generally overreact to any I get in contemporary society. Unbeknownst to most I have a very refined sense of manners, I'm almost a Paladin lol.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 8:16 AM
Online Now!

I try to thank every person who can help with Antonia. I mean it's been a huge work to revive, correct, upgrade this character. I don't have enough technical knowledge, but I can thank for this 😄

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 2:43 PM

I've searched and searched - where is the nudity that Renderosity warns about when showing Antonia in the freestuff section if you're not logged in?

odf ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 4:25 PM

The checkbox said something like "item contains nudity". Antonia certainly contains nudity, so I checked the box.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 10:12 AM · edited Fri, 21 October 2022 at 10:12 AM

AzQrPi0yyBHDqXSVAhxF2LGTE7jqxJQEcjwGQqX7.png

Just about done with this, except for a couple lacrimal things I want to add. I've been working on this in the evenings after RL work. I think it's probably my most concise and inclusive eye morph set yet for any figure I've worked with. Everything has been exhaustively tested with 1.3's eye controls and dials and is in good order.

I've included some utilities to deal with minor mesh things with extreme range combinations of the dials. Mostly for my own use as I don't see a lot of people doing anything of an absurdist or toon nature with Antonia. With this pack, now that's entirely possible for anyone using the figure. For regular human depiction use you'll probably never need to even address the utilities.

After the upload I'll probably start work on another morph pack for 1.3 in between other projects. I'm thinking of calling it 'Ohhhh Lady' and will be small collection of new faces for Antonia.

Anyway, after tonight I'll have a couple days off and will package everything up and create some quick explanatory images to go over the various dials, nothing too long winded. I'll have a private download link here by or before Sunday and then will upload to Rendo's freestuff I guess...

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 11:52 AM

Ooooh, I look forward to it, primorge!   That would help a bunch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 1:08 PM

Ditto.

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 5:49 PM · edited Fri, 21 October 2022 at 5:49 PM

And another free face:

QdKpWCZvWJorUz1evnUZBKxqI99dEsKaR32var1P.png

Download: https://adp.spdns.org/Morph_ADP_003.zip

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 12:24 AM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 12:24 AM

@ADP

I haven't looked at your files yet but judging by your images you've done a good job changing her face landmarks. I generally don't like such upturned noses but that's just a personal preference thing, not a critique of your morph quality. I have weird taste in noses anyway. I took a little break from wrapping up the eye morphs to start sketching out a character, Svetlanka; obscure chezch republic erotic entertainer trying to find her dreams in the city of Angels. I think some elements scaling after shapes will start to bring her together. In particular the mouth. She gotta have a big ol' mouth. I'm trying to give her one of those noses with a pronounced bump that I find attractive ;)

I'm having a bit of a hard time with Antonia's lips...

iFEhMmwaA540vyV4f2O1dDV7AZMlFpEQkGQl6fk8.png

RFreise ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 1:04 AM
adp001 posted at 5:49 PM Fri, 21 October 2022 - #4447233

And another free face:

QdKpWCZvWJorUz1evnUZBKxqI99dEsKaR32var1P.png

Download: https://adp.spdns.org/Morph_ADP_003.zip

Thank you

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 1:26 AM

I've started working on Antonia's Halloween costume.

Vl06sKg2jtHWCgKvQ6jFcsDbIrvYqwZwraMyrSkM.png

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 1:49 AM

Can anyone recommend a really long posable hair prop? Like down to her bum long? Alternatively, a messy bun that can be morphed large enough to imply bum-long hair.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 7:06 AM
primorge posted at 12:24 AM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447240

@ADP

I haven't looked at your files yet but judging by your images you've done a good job changing her face landmarks.

3TGFbW1G0n4ErmMB3BtMf4gzPd7mGk1YFugLgOik.png

I generally don't like such upturned noses but that's just a personal preference thing,

I made me 2 weightmaped deformers (magnets) to size an turn up/down the nose. With this and magnets for chin and cheeks I can make hundred of different faces :)

'm having a bit of a hard time with Antonia's lips...

My morphs do have no restrictions (like my scripts). Use it as a base if you like (just give some credit). Use Posers "Eraser" (morphbrush) to delete unwanted parts.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 7:39 AM

The same face as above. Modified by changing four dials on two of the mentioned deformers (magnets). And I pushed the lower jaw back a bit (Z-direction).

JoLWyBX6dBcDfoq0VL9uctMXLMCUa5DuKUS3a1Ig.png

Deliberately a bit exaggerated, so you can see what you can achieve with deformers without much talent and/or know-how to morph.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:06 AM
odf posted at 1:26 AM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447242

Nice. Also useful as a base for some winter cloth. But it needs some warm boots to go with it though :)

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:25 AM

The subtext is a bit to unpack ADP. We all appreciate your generosity throughout the years, especially on the scripts front, and your commitment to Poser. Some people don't realize this just because they don't look deeply enough. Back to lacrimals ;)

@odf

Try looking at some of StudioArtVartanian's long hairs for V4, or some of 3dream/Mairy's things. Most Poser hair isn't bone articulated though, it's usually movement morphs. There are some though. You just need to take a look around for yourself. I'm probably going to do some refits for Antonia down the road. That's meditative work.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 10:16 AM

I know that magnets have fallen into disrepute. Unjustly, in my opinion.

Maybe someone would like to try out some of the magnets I used for Antonia's face.

https://adp.spdns.org/Mags_Head.pp2

The magnets are saved as props and load directly into the head-actor. They are set to 1 by default. Looks strange, because the morphs are all fully on. It's best to turn them all back to zero, and then save a CR2 (pose) once.
It is worth to manipulate the magnets themselves. Rotate, scale and move them. You can't break anything. Just press Ctrl-E and everything is back to zero.

Reminder: The "Deformer Zone" can have a weightmap, which I also used. You are not limited to the area of "Sphere" and can work much more precise.

In contrast to the Morphbrush, Deformers have the advantage that you can strengthen, weaken, scale and rotate them at any time. This is not so easy with the Morphbrush and you have to know exactly what you are doing.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 10:27 AM

@primorge: I have a challenge for you. It would be nice if we could vary the distance between the jaw and the eyes without giving Antonia a crooked smile or squinty eyes.
Together with your morphs for the eye area, this would be a great basis to create character for Antonia on the assembly line :)
What do you think about it?

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 11:01 AM

I think that from tomorrow I will start with Antonia's body design. Let's see if we can't make Antonia a hip dress stand with some exciting curves :)

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 1:12 PM

Consider this a beta, though other than a better thumbnail it won't need to be updated. I'll go over the details of the dials over in my Character Creator's thread. Some of the utilities may need clarification. I also added a bunch of misc. morphs since the last parms screenshot. License is Creative Commons Attribution. 

pr_EyeMorphs zip

Xa43NT0cS4PWPuvrkaybh045X9MjUYxWOS65ZRUI.png

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 1:45 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 1:45 PM
Online Now!

odf posted at 1:49 AM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447243

Can anyone recommend a really long posable hair prop? Like down to her bum long? Alternatively, a messy bun that can be morphed large enough to imply bum-long hair.

The very longest hair I have is PropsChick's Ariel Hair:

sGpxFQNcpDJMKK4fq1es235ZxQdrHBoxAIArWzoc.png

And here is a challenger: Erogenesis' EvolutionHair, which have the most fantastic hair controls, especially useful when the head bends, twists, etc.. Here with the length at his max:

exoDUcoPMuaxIa5kmMF63C1H1xnG0M50YcO7xPym.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

serene ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 3:36 PM

I like ALL of Mankahoo's hair props. This one can come down to bum length, I think:xxDo9koecV6lAZE5Mdm5nSf2Qcnuhy9id0TxRa8D.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:25 PM
adp001 posted at 8:06 AM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447259
odf posted at 1:26 AM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447242

Nice. Also useful as a base for some winter cloth. But it needs some warm boots to go with it though :)

Footwear is on my to-learn list.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:28 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:31 PM

adp001 posted at 10:16 AM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447270

Reminder: The "Deformer Zone" can have a weightmap, which I also used. You are not limited to the area of "Sphere" and can work much more precise.

In contrast to the Morphbrush, Deformers have the advantage that you can strengthen, weaken, scale and rotate them at any time. This is not so easy with the Morphbrush and you have to know exactly what you are doing.

I did not know that they could have weight maps. That's got to be a game changer for me.

Looking forward to checking out your magnet sets.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:35 PM

primorge posted at 1:12 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447287

Consider this a beta, though other than a better thumbnail it won't need to be updated. I'll go over the details of the dials over in my Character Creator's thread. Some of the utilities may need clarification. I also added a bunch of misc. morphs since the last parms screenshot. License is Creative Commons Attribution. 

pr_EyeMorphs zip

Neat! Can't wait to try it out.

(I need to do some web app maintenance this afternoon for a friend (and former boss), so here's hoping that'll go fast.)

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:39 PM
Y-Phil posted at 1:45 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447288

The very longest hair I have is PropsChick's Ariel Hair:

[...]

And here is a challenger: Erogenesis' EvolutionHair, which have the most fantastic hair controls, especially useful when the head bends, twists, etc.. Here with the length at his max:

Both of those are looking quite good, but I forgot to mention that all the hair needs to be in the back. I guess I could make morphs for that if there aren't any yet.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:40 PM
serene posted at 3:36 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447294

I like ALL of Mankahoo's hair props. This one can come down to bum length, I think:

That's actually very close to the style I'm looking for, if it goes long enough.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:41 PM
primorge posted at 8:25 AM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447260

Try looking at some of StudioArtVartanian's long hairs for V4, or some of 3dream/Mairy's things. Most Poser hair isn't bone articulated though, it's usually movement morphs. There are some though. You just need to take a look around for yourself. I'm probably going to do some refits for Antonia down the road. That's meditative work.

Thanks!

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:55 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 5:56 PM

@odf: I think I found a little problem with Toni's eyes. In the corners, the mesh of the cornea seems to get too close to the one below it, so this apparently causes problems when using refraction.
primorge's new eye morphs make this worse when zooming in on the iris, and it doesn't go away even at the maximum Superfly render level.

A1Vmott56U27iwlmHuGrta0E9Wmo9OjvNo6cdhzD.png

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 6:03 PM

Don't scale the irises. Antonia's Irises don't scale well... I only included the morph for completionist sake. In fact I suggest you don't use any of my morphs ADP. 

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 6:05 PM

Here's a link to an explanation of the utility dials

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/comments/4447303/permalink

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 6:06 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

And I'm dead fucking serious ADP.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 6:11 PM
primorge posted at 6:03 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447304

Don't scale the irises. Antonia's Irises don't scale well... I only included the morph for completionist sake. In fact I suggest you don't use any of my morphs ADP. 

Just for the records: The refraction error appears even unscaled.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 6:50 PM
adp001 posted at 5:55 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447302

@odf: I think I found a little problem with Toni's eyes. In the corners, the mesh of the cornea seems to get too close to the one below it, so this apparently causes problems when using refraction.

Have a look at the cornea material Antonia loads with. The SuperFly shader uses a neat trick I learned from hborre, which makes only the rays leaving the cornea towards the camera refract, not the ones entering it. Doing refraction in both directions may seem more "correct", but that's assuming a smooth surface and infinitely many samples. :-) I think it's just making Cycles' job unnecessary hard.

q2FPR8FKLcjYjkd8RE0XhX5e352u00A8r8SNNaor.png

If that does not help, I'd try increasing the subdivision level, and as a last resort scaling down the eyeball (but not the eye cover) a tad to increase the distance.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 7:05 PM
My version looks quite different at first, but the result is very similar :)
elif mat.Name() in ("corneaLeft", "corneaRight"):
x, y = cycles_root.Location()
x += nodewidth
root_node.Delete()
root_node = C_mix(fac=nn(poser.kNodeTypeCodeCyclesLIGHTPATH,
pos=(x + nodewidth, y + spacer),
collapse=1,
),
nodeA=nn(poser.kNodeTypeCodeCyclesTRANSPARENTBSDF,
pos=(x, y + spacer * 2),
collapse=1,
),
nodeB=nn(poser.kNodeTypeCodeCyclesGLASSBSDF,
IOR=1.35,
Distribution=1,
pos=(x, y + spacer * 3),
collapse=1,
),
pos=(10, y + spacer * 2),
collapse=0
)
cycles_root["Surface"] = root_node

Scaling the eyeball should do it. But maybe I use a Deformer to scale the eye. Maybe this works better than a simple morph.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 7:32 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 7:32 PM

Updated Zip. Includes a Cornea Rim Expand morph in utilities (CorneaClipFix), should solve clipping, season to taste... old link dead

pr_EyeMorphs(Update)

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:10 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:10 PM
adp001 posted at 7:05 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447316
My version looks quite different at first, but the result is very similar :)

Well, in that case please ignore my comment. :-)

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:12 PM
primorge posted at 7:32 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447318

Updated Zip. Includes a Cornea Rim Expand morph in utilities (CorneaClipFix), should solve clipping, season to taste... old link dead

pr_EyeMorphs(Update)

Sounds good! I'd assume the steeper the angle at the rim, the greater the likelihood of seeing artifacts there.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2022 at 8:29 PM

Come to think of it, a little bit of subsurface scattering on the iris and eyeball might also help if you don't already have that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.