Forum: Bryce

Subject: FYI - Some changes coming in 2009 For Bryce Forum & Gallery

RodsArt opened this issue on Oct 30, 2008 · 121 posts

RodsArt posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 5:47 PM

Number one, there will be some changes for the Banners upload. Will make the full announcement with all the details for this one soon.

Number two, The Bryce Gallery has been sliding towards imagery with lots of postwork which can and will be considered Mixed medium artwork. There will be guidlines posted at the top of the forum and the Gallery in order to avoid any confusion. Those postings which clearly step over the guidelines will be moved to the Mixed medium Gallery. Anything borderlined will be discussed amongst staff.

Personally I prefer a good deal of Postwork in my artwork because I don't stop until I reach a desired effect. These images I post in Mixed medium because I believe I'ved crossed over the line of an image being predominantly Bryce. Simply put, if you can't tell it's mostly Bryce work, it's not. Just look at my gallery. Yes I know if I post in the Bryce Gallery I'll get more hits, but I prefer to be very clear with what I've created, what I use, and how fair it is to other Brycers.

Like I said, there will be Links at the top of both the Forum and Gallery to inform and maintain a fair playing feild for everyone.

There will also be plenty of notice in advance of these changes. As always everyone will have an opportunity to voice their opinion in a fair manner.

Finally, there will be one more surprise which I AM NOT letting out of the bag until it's set in Concrete.

Everyone have a Safe and Happy Halloween!!
ICM

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple