Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Crashes - Angry

107Cornfields opened this issue on Nov 07, 2008 · 5 posts

107Cornfields posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 5:00 PM

Am I the only one disappointed with poser pro?
I have had poser from V5, 6 and 7. I have realised each has it's benefits and foibles but the rendering results I get make it a cost effective and worthwhile hobby.

I suffered crashes in P7 but thought all would be well in the "pro" version. No luck.
I don't care if I can render using the resources of other PC's on the network...

Poser pro has me very annoyed. For example, if I am loading a character I have saved, it will crash. If I load a scene I have saved, a crash results.

This is totally un aceptable in a program of this price range. It may cost so much less than 3dMax, but if I bought a game which cost £30.00 which acted in the same way I would create a fuss and demand my money back.

There is nothing about my PC which is strange or customised, just a AMD duel processor with 2Meg RAM and a Nvidia 8600GT graphics card running on XP. Standard machine In my book.

I don't believe Im the only one disenchanted by Poser Pro.

In truth, Poser 5 with service pack was a lot more reliable!!!

Willber posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 5:33 PM

Well....
make sure your graphics card is set to let the application control OpenGL,
reduce the undo to about 5 or so, default is set at 100
reduce the number of render compares
make sure that external morphs are off
upgrade to SR1
knock on wood and pray.

all I can think of at this time.

Teyon posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 6:08 PM

Yes, the graphics card drivers need to be updated often. To find out if the problem is driver related, switch to SreeD display. If that resolves the issue, it's your drivers. If not, contact Smith Micro Technical Support

3-DArena posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 11:47 AM

heh I don't Have Poser Pro myself but I liked your thread title.

Sometimes my Poser gets angry too, feels it's being overworked. ;-)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

nruddock posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 4:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2753517

There's a driver setting you can try adjusting, see linked thread.