Forum: Vue

Subject: V7I Need a confirm about cameras not saving & default scene not saving

dlk30341 opened this issue on Nov 10, 2008 · 11 posts

dlk30341 posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 6:24 PM

I have tried to set my camera setting to that I had in V6I - I save the camera but when I start a new scene A. the new camera saved is not available B.  I would have thought that having the box ticked save congfiguration upon exiting would have done so also - but it didn't.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have I missed something?

Thanks

bruno021 posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 6:34 PM

Hmmm. I think for this you need to create your own default scene, and then, in the options menu click the "set default scene" button. Saving configuration upon exit only saves inteface  parameters, I think.

dlk30341 posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 6:45 PM

Gotcha on the scene save - any word on camera saving?

bruno021 posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 3:01 AM

You want to save the camera
position inside your default starting scene? I don't know, what if you move the camera to the right position and then click on "set deualt scene", is the position not saved? Never tried this.

gillbrooks posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 3:42 AM

Get your camera positioned how you want it.  Open the camera manager and type in a name for your new camera setting.

THEN go to options> Set default scene and also make sure 'create empty scene at startup' is checked, the click the button to set default scene.

Close out of Vue.   When you reopen the programme your camera should be in the position where you saved it and you should also have that extra camera in your manager.

You can save more than one camera too.  Just make sure that they're saved before you use 'set default scene'

Gill

dlk30341 posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 8:16 AM

Thanks guys - I'll give this a whirl when i get home from work today - when I was in the scene I did save the camera & gave it a new name.  Closed Vue - started a new scene & when I clicked on camera manager the new camera I saved wasn't there.

Thanks again :)

dlk30341 posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 4:36 PM

No joy here :(  Saving the scene as default really hosed things up & the camera settings didn't save as I instructed.  I now have to uninstall Vue & reinstall as since I changed the camera settings to what I had in V6I now any item I load into Vue is default coming in at Y= -32.81 feet & the Z axis comes in with the letter "e" in it....In fact when you go to adjust the main camera - the "size" area is greyed out - it wasn't in 6I.

Oh well.......

bruno021 posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 5:12 PM

Wow, this one is definitely worth a support ticket!

dlk30341 posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 5:17 PM

I think that's the route I'm going to take - gonna wait on a confirm though.....I've asked a friend who I beta test for to see if he gets the same results - well close anyway - I don't want him to go thru what I'm going thru atm.

gillbrooks posted Wed, 12 November 2008 at 3:47 AM

Well, just for future reference, I always save the original Vue default scene in a safe place so that if ever I screw up I can just load it at any time and set it back to default.  Saves having to reinstall.

A little late with the info I know - sorry for that. Forgot to mention it before :blushing:

Gill

dlk30341 posted Wed, 12 November 2008 at 8:41 AM

Thanks Gill, I did copy the scene elsewhere for safety sake - but this has to do with the camera & camera settings - I'm going to file a bug ticket on this one.  Need to do some screen grabs today of various boo-boos.