Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro Hangs at end of Render

mglant opened this issue on Nov 25, 2008 · 4 posts

mglant posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 10:26 PM

I have had Poser since P4 and now have tons of content.  I recently got PoserPro and have been working on setting up all of my runtimes.  I have had lots of issues with the program crashing, likely due to Mellinium figures needing to be in the main runtime, so I have reloaded almost all of the figures.  I have also started setting up DAZ Studio.  However I still am having a problem that everything seems to work okay, but at the end of a render the render gets stuck and I have to just kill it.   Same issue with G2 figures as well. I have a dual Quad processor HP with 4 gig ram and high end Nvidia video card.  No issues when I ran P7.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mick

Tracesl posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:40 AM

1. Change to screeD rather than openGL to see if that helps, OR

2.  Fix suggested by infinity10 - "If using nVidia graphics accelerator card, switch off anisotropic, texture filttering and all other special effects for your card, using the nVidia management software."

mglant posted Thu, 27 November 2008 at 7:30 PM

Thanks, this seems to work in my first few renders.  Will come back if it does not continue to solve the issue.
Mick

grichter posted Fri, 28 November 2008 at 6:58 PM

Granted different platform, but PPro on an Intel Mac background render: Instead of a hang, it would crash often using OpneGl right at the very end on the render. Still get them once and awhile using SreeD. What seems to be working is not rendering as a separate process over the last few days. But not enough renders and or still need to give it a fully loaded, heavy couple of scenes before I think this might end my crashing. Will give up speed for stability. 

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"