Forum: Carrara

Subject: Modeling Clothing

stagehand opened this issue on Jan 03, 2009 · 10 posts

stagehand posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 5:23 PM

I have been using Poser quite a bit over the past year, in fact almost exactly one year ago I started getting into it. I will most likely always be somewhat an "armature" but I've found that I really enjoy working in digital art.

As I've revealed in some of my recent questions to this forum I've begun to model some of my content from scratch. I have a strong desire to learn and one thing that I've found is that I learn best if I'm working in an area that I enjoy or am interested in. 

I am still very new at using Carrara, I know some of the basics but still find myself at a crossroads as to what might be the best tool for me to invest in both financially as well as with time and energy. I have not yet upgraded to C7 and actually as a demonstration of my impeccable sense of timing upgraded to C6 two weeks before I could have received C7 for free with that upgrade.

One thing that fascinates me and that I think I would enjoy doing, is to model clothing. I know its down the road a little bit for me but eventually I would like to get into that. I have seen tutorials on modeling clothing using 3ds Max and Cinema 4D but I have yet to come across anything for Carrara in that regard.

That is the thing that has held me back from upgrading to C7, because I don't know if I should invest more money into it, or if I should start setting aside funds to eventually purchase Cinema 4D.

So finally my question, I know that Carrara is a powerful tool for doing many different types of modeling, but is it a suitable tool for modeling character clothing?

Vampires