Forum: Vue

Subject: Is there any information on how to create indoor lighing in Vue?

Darboshanski opened this issue on Jan 20, 2009 · 13 posts

Darboshanski posted Tue, 20 January 2009 at 4:53 PM

I'd like to do some indoor scenes in Vue but I am not too sure how to go about it. Is there any tuts or information on creating good indoor lighting in Vue? I use Vue 7 Inf.

Thanks!

My Facebook Page

Mari-Anne posted Tue, 20 January 2009 at 5:21 PM

I just happened to come across one today which is probably a few years old but nevertheless should work quite well:

http://art-head-start.com/Free/Tutorials/tutorial-lighting-interiors-1.html

I know there are many ways of achieving decent results, and this is just one way.

FrankT posted Tue, 20 January 2009 at 5:30 PM

You are going to need to play around with the atmosphere settings a bit - I'd be inclined to go for a GR atmosphere and modify from there.  There was a tutorial by Chipp Walters but that was for Vue 6 and the atmospheres/Radiosity settings have changed a lot in 7

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

chippwalters posted Tue, 20 January 2009 at 5:35 PM

Check out the settings in my free scene "The Loft" which comes with Vue 7 Infinite. I'm currently working on a new InteriorPak for Vue 7. There are many differences in the rendering engine from Vue 6. If you've got Vue 6, then InteriorPak would probably get you where you wanted to be.

best,
Chipp

thefixer posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 1:38 AM

Also check out Chipps Interior pak, terrific starter scenes and a good tute as well, well worth the cash!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

lookoo posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 6:39 AM

Quote -  Check out the settings in my free scene "The Loft" which comes with Vue 7 Infinite. I'm currently working on a new InteriorPak for Vue 7. There are many differences in the rendering engine from Vue 6. If you've got Vue 6, then InteriorPak would probably get you where you wanted to be.

best,
Chipp

That's very good news, Chipp!

One chief reason for me to upgrade to Vue 7 was the enhanced interior render engine. I then ran into several unexpected problems, also with exterior renders where render settings that had produced kickass results in Vue 6 yielded absurd results, but all the more with interior renders. Generally speaking, the renders get very grainy, sometimes it's impossible to eliminate light spots and, most strangely, I often get a combination of way too dark ground floors plus way too bright lighting from that floor. Completely unusable.

Recently I was getting so frustrated that I started considering financially extremely unsound solutions like buying C4d or 3DS Max plus VRay renderer...

Chipp, it won't take long until you are finished with that new Vue 7 interior pak, will it...?

Hey, need any beta testers??? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;)

best,
Lookoo

chippwalters posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 10:24 PM

I'm still working on it. I'll keep you posted :-)

lookoo posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:13 AM

Sounds good! Thanks a lot in advance!

cspear posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 8:44 AM

Here's a quick suggestion if you have Vue 6 or 7:

create a ceiling - a thin cube - and position it just below the real ceiling or where the real one would be. Then turn it into an area light, leaving the output at 50%.

Select the 'Black Back' atmosphere under 'basic', and edit it to remove all fog and haze. Under the 'effects' tab turn lens flares off for 'directional' and 'all other' lights.Put the 'sun' below ground level to make sure it's completely turned off. This atmosphere doesn't use any of that fancy GI, GR and AO stuff so it's quick to render.

This isn't your final thing, it's a start point. Add point lights, change the color and output of the 'ceiling', turn GI, GR and AO on and off to see what happens...

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

lookoo posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 3:26 AM

Thanks for the tip, cspear! That sounds interesting! I will try as sonn as I have time to do so.

Paloth posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 1:22 AM

I look forward to chippwalters’ Vue 7 InteriorPak and hope it will include methods for creating indoor global illumination that are not always dependent on a window emitting sunlight.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

chippwalters posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 1:32 AM

Yep, I'm sorry for not getting it done sooner. Hopefully very soon. But, Vue Pioneer/Esprit/Pro/Complete only this week received the appropriate features to create interior renders.

The area light trick mentioned above, may work but will take very long to render. It's better to try and use luminous materials to generate light if you can.

FalseBogus posted Sat, 28 February 2009 at 6:42 AM

Great news Chipp that there's all needed features now.

Atleast I'm eagerly waiting for Interior Pack for 7 as I never had Vue6..