Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Who is NYW

RedPhantom opened this issue on Jan 20, 2009 · 14 posts

RedPhantom posted Tue, 20 January 2009 at 8:46 PM Site Admin

I've been rebuilding my runtimes and am finding stuff I don't remember. Somethings are clothes for a female model named NYW. Who is that and where does she come from?

Thanks for any info

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

wyrwulf posted Tue, 20 January 2009 at 8:54 PM

Nude Young Woman, from Zygote, before they became DAZ.

Tashar59 posted Tue, 20 January 2009 at 9:28 PM

That was a long time age. LOL. I can't remember if it was a possette type set or was the figure a stand alone figure just before V1. I do remember Daz was selling it and  I think it was included in one of the first PC membership bonuses.

Did you check the Daz Store to see if she is still there?

RedPhantom posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 8:10 PM Site Admin

Thanks.  No she's not there. I guess there's always convert to prop and the cloth room.
thanks again.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

dphoadley posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 9:03 PM

Basically, she's the Poser 3 Posette, but with a slightly altered head.  Her eyebrows are thinner, longer, and curve more.  If you have the Poser 3 Posette, then you have everything but her head.  The only other thing that might be different is the UV Mapping.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

MikeJ posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 11:19 PM

Quote -
Nude Young Woman, from Zygote, before they became DAZ.

I thought it was NEW Young Woman. No?

Tashar59 posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 11:46 PM

Yes that is what it was. I never payed any attention to the "Nude" I read it and just thought New.LOL

Might want to check Daz again with the right Name.

RedPhantom posted Sat, 24 January 2009 at 8:04 AM Site Admin

nope no new young woman at daz either. and the clothes don't quite fit on  p3-posette. it's not  a big deal. I had forgot I had even had stuff for her. If I don't use it there's no great loss. I asked more out of curiosity than anything else.

Thanks all

dphoadley posted Sat, 24 January 2009 at 10:31 AM

She was issued along with the Nude Asian Woman (again Posette 3 body, different head), and since there P3, there wouldn't be any clothes.
DPH

Tashar59 posted Sun, 25 January 2009 at 2:45 AM

I just looked and I started with Daz originals oldest first and the really old stuff is gone. It starts with V2 and the New Young Woman was before that.

@DPH, I think your confusing Posers nude young woman with Daz's New Young Woman. But I could be wrong. The last time I saw her in the Daz store was around 2004, I think.

Why not flip an e-mail at Daz and ask. They may be able to tell you where she is or what package she was last in before going to the Great Mesh in the Sky.

lmckenzie posted Sun, 25 January 2009 at 11:34 PM

Here's an image someone did using her. I'm pretty sure it is "Nude" as opposed to "New" which is how Zygote distinguished the clothed figures from the - well - naked ones :-)  
arthur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

dphoadley posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 1:42 AM

dphoadley@lmckenzie
THAT must have taken a bit of digging!  The Nude Young Woman was issued by Zygote, not Daz, and apparently all but forgotten by the time Zygote and Daz parted company.
DPH

wyrwulf posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 6:41 AM

NYM was the base mesh for this Faerie [www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/faerie](http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/faerie?item=253&_m=d) The wings and clothes are part of the mesh, and the mapping is changed a bit. Nude Young Woman was bundled with bun hair, and Anime NYM with different hair and a "clothed" texture map.

lmckenzie posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 3:38 PM

"THAT must have taken a bit of digging!" Heh, Google is your frenemy. I found a breast morph for her and tried it on the P3NW. It loads but explodes when applied so the body mesh seems to be similar but not exactly the same.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken