Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Cerinian Vixen v1.3

Little_Dragon opened this issue on Jan 21, 2009 · 28 posts

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 8:03 PM

(Previous thread for the v1.0 release may be found here ... I'm starting this new thread for discussion of the current release to avoid confusion.)

The talented CharleyFox (a.k.a. FoxHunt) has graciously permitted me to adapt his superb Krystal model for use in Poser and D|S. Version 1.3 of the figure is now available.

(larger version viewable in my gallery)

Now available:

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

All files can currently be found here in Free Stuff or at my Poser website:

littledragon.francemi.net/

I'll also submit them to 448 Studios shortly.   My thanks to Francemi for providing hosting services, and to Spirit Wolf 448 for having generously mirrored the original files on his site for the past year and a half.

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 8:14 PM

Third-party support:

Additional morphs and MATs by Gareee

Whisper refit and BD Lowrise refit by wunderwood

Poses (Studio only) by Bunnykins

Pose sets by LilWolff

Animated poses by seachnasaigh

Headset prop (Studio only) by KaelenRedcoon

Colourful MATs (P5/P6/P7 only) and eye textures by Francemi

Lizard and Fox McCloud textures by foxyfellowuk

Additional textures by naier-

Additional textures and MATs by yowl

T-shirt textures by stefani21ga

T-shirt textures by Exeterman79

T-shirt textures and Assault flightsuit by Daymond42

Clothing textures by Fade_Willow

Bushy Tail 2 MATs and textures by Ethin

Wardrobe Wizard 2 support (Krystal v1.0 only) by PhilC

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 8:16 PM

For those of you who've monitored Krystal's development since the initial announcement in 2007, the version 1.3 update offers a number of advantages over the original, along with new features.  I'll gloss over the high points:

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.  I'll answer as best I can.

Morkonan posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 5:00 AM

Quote - ... If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.  I'll answer as best I can.

The first picture in your post, the one with the silhouette - How was that rendered & photoshopped?  It's excellent!

Gareee posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 8:45 AM

Hey LD.. did you just include everything from my expansion into the new figure, or do people need to move them with morph manager?

(If I recall, I didn't make injections, just built them into the CR2.)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Little_Dragon posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 1:42 PM

Quote - The first picture in your post, the one with the silhouette - How was that rendered & photoshopped?

In Poser, I positioned a spotlight behind Krystal for strategic backlighting, then enabled the Atmosphere feature to render those volumetric god-rays.  As far as postwork is concerned, I played around with layers a bit, but only to soften the image and enhance the contrast.

Quote - Hey LD.. did you just include everything from my expansion into the new figure, or do people need to move them with morph manager?

I included only your EarsPointed, Frown, CheekFur Up-Down, and NoseCurve morphs, and made certain you'd receive full credit for those in the documentation.  Your frown morph replaces my original frown morph (in my opinion, yours does the corners of the mouth better).

Gareee posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 3:37 PM

So some of the morphs I did aren't in the new figure? Hmm.. maybe I can make injections out of them to support the new figure then.

I'll take a look see when I get a chance.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Morkonan posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 12:10 AM

Quote - > Quote - The first picture in your post, the one with the silhouette - How was that rendered & photoshopped?

In Poser, I positioned a spotlight behind Krystal for strategic backlighting, then enabled the Atmosphere feature to render those volumetric god-rays.  As far as postwork is concerned, I played around with layers a bit, but only to soften the image and enhance the contrast.

Outstanding!
I shall steal the technique and make it my own.  None will be the wiser!  Muahahaha!

Psst - Don't tell anyone.  It'll be our secret, k? 

:)

Thanks for the tip!  I was messing around with atmosphere's today, trying to get a bit better at using them.  This will be a great excuse!  Thanks!

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 6:12 AM

Nerd has an excellent tutorial on the subject.

wheeter posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 8:36 PM

Can someone help me with something?

I just found this forum and Krystal and she's so cute!  I have to play with her.  But... why are my renders coming out with cracks at the joints?  Don't laugh - I'm sure it's something simple, I'm still learning Poser.   Is it a setting I'm missing? 

wheeter posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 10:33 AM

Could someone please help me with this?  I've toyed with the Ambient Occlusion settings trying to solve the problem of cracks at the joints, but it doesn't make any difference.

What is creating these cracks at the joints in my renders?  Anyone know?  Help?!

Xerxes0002 posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 5:50 PM

I haven't had a chance to load the new one, it looks like perhaps some kind of low-rez box rendering mode.  I don't use poser but Carrara and Daz Studio, I will see about loading it up, I will post back when I have finished.  Is that the default color thats happening or did you change the shaders?  If thats the default then it looks like you have some kind of draft rendering going on.

Xerxes0002 posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 6:37 PM

Well I loaded it and it doesn't load the texture by default, but it didn't seem to have any problems like the joint ones.  Hopefully someone who uses poser can see if its just set to a draft type render problem.

I rendered her with no texture and the regular texture.

Xerxes0002 posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 6:38 PM

here is with the texture loaded

also a HUGE HUGE thank you for providing, prepping and all the rest for this model.

wheeter posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 7:16 PM

Well, thanks for trying, Xerxes.  My render is not a draft type render, and the texture is one I've custom made for it, trying for a more wolfish look.  The crack in the nose is new... I adjusted her for a more wolfish face, and now a crack shows up in the nose.  Sigh.

I'm really, really stumped on the crack thing.   Does anyone have an idea?  None of my other figures has cracked like this, and I've been rendering for about a year.  There are still fine tuning things I'm still learning.  This is probably one of them.

nruddock posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 7:56 AM

It would also be worth trying increasing the ShadowBias on any lights you have casting shadows (in addition to the global AO bias and the AO bias on any AO nodes).

wheeter posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 10:25 AM

Yeah, I tried that too.  Didn't work.  :(

Xerxes0002 posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 12:32 PM

Well to see if its just a setting problem in poser you could grab the free daz studio and just see what happens?  I am out of idea's but not really up on poser settings.  Good luck!

wheeter posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 1:27 PM

Well, I ended up doing the simple thing and reloading the model and starting over with my morphs and textures.  No cracks.  Ran her through all the same poses I did before, still nothing.  So now she works!  I don't know what I did before to "break" her.  Very strange.  Thanks for all your help!

DisparateDreamer posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 2:14 PM

Is Krystal allowed for commerical renders or based on something commercial?

Just curious, she seems like she'd be an awesome game character :D

Xerxes0002 posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 2:21 PM

Quote - Is Krystal allowed for commerical renders or based on something commercial?

Just curious, she seems like she'd be an awesome game character :D

Actually that is what she is.  She is Part of the Starfox universe by Nintendo I believe.

DisparateDreamer posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 2:47 PM

LOL!  I could laugh myself out the door now. :D

Can't say I know any nintendo games, never had or played nintendo. She's so cute tho, and i could totally see her in a game.

Got my giggles for the day! ;) thanks for a response!

Little_Dragon posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:37 AM

I cannot grant commercial usage for Krystal herself.  Only Nintendo can do that.  However, she might be used for fan art and other personal projects in accordance with fair use doctrine.

If you modify the figure (via morphs, textures, etc.) so it no longer resembles Krystal, then yes, you may use it for commercial renders.

Little_Dragon posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:58 AM

As long as I'm here, I might as well mention a few other items that have been released since my last visit in January:

Bossy Boots RefitSneakersHeels
Mini DressStockingsSensible Shoes Refit
Halter TopTube TopTank Top
String Bikini

And an update on third-party support:

Poses, textures, and characters by Kleopetra
Additional textures and MATs by Celebi
Additional textures by 68fordfalcon
Numerous textures by foxyfellowuk
CrossDresser support by EvilInnocence

DisparateDreamer posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:32 AM

Little Dragon, those clothing items, are they also modeled after a game or are those free for commercial use?  I ask, because they have refits for other characters too ^^

Now I'm super curious about this game... must go look it up!

Btw Little Dragon, I have loved your support of the furry community for some time.  Thank you for your tireless efforts!

Little_Dragon posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:33 PM

The loincloth, bikini top, sandals, armour pieces, and accessories included in the original clothing pack are a recreation of the tribal outfit worn in Krystal's first game, Starfox Adventures.  Daymond42's flightsuit and accessories are a recreation of the outfit worn in her second game, Starfox Assault

One of the string bikini textures is a parody of the Asterope bikini from Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball.

The other items are all original creations and, as such, have no commercial restrictions, but you might still want to be careful with anything featuring the Starfox logos or icons.

DisparateDreamer posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 9:49 PM

I guess I'm asking mostly about the shoes, since those have fits for a lot of other characters... The sneakers and the sensible shoes and the bossy boots (which are awesome!!!).

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 7:18 AM

The Headkase refits have no commercial restrictions.  Neither do my sneakers.

I really should make more textures for the sneakers.