Forum: Vue

Subject: Important notice to Infinite Vista users

alexcoppo opened this issue on Jan 31, 2009 · 29 posts

alexcoppo posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 7:01 AM

Yesterday I bought 7 Infinite and I installed it. Apparently everything went all right. The next time I cold booted the computer and started again Infinite I had to reactivate it again (therefore throwing away one activation attempt).

E-On support told me to run Infinite ALWAYS as administrator. This means that you should keep UAC enabled, mark the shortcut as Run As Administrator and stand Vista asking you EVERY time if you really want to run it as administrator.

Should you have UAC disabled, you have to remember to always run the shortcut as administrator (and everything you have to remember to do is a sure recipy for NOT rememebering it and messing up).

DO NOT RUN INFINITE RIGHT FROM THE INSTALL PROCEDURE BECAUSE DOING SO YOU WILL RUN IT AS NORMAL USER AND THROW AWAY ONE ACTIVATION ATTEMPT (I have done so and now I have no attempts left... :crying:).

During this weekend I will consider whether it is wise to keep investing time in a booby trapped program or whether to ask for a refund.

P.S.: E-On development delays were probably due to the time it took to teach english to some Iraqui ex-guerrillas consulting in the art of IED (improvised explosive devices) development and deployment :mad:.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2