Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 108 TO 110 FRAMED RENDERING CHALLENGE

Eiseprod opened this issue on Feb 10, 2009 · 11 posts

Eiseprod posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hello all,
 I have had this long running problem with rendering on this new computer that I have acquired. I was initially trying to render a 510 frame animation but each time the render get to between 108 and 110 (most times at 110) frames, the render freezes and pop up commands asks me to close the application. So I re timedthe animation to end in frame 90 and it completed. But when I exceed frame 110 there about, it does not complete. Is there a setting within poser7 that limits the amout of frames that needs to be set. I have been to the General Preference tab but I did not see anything to mess about with that may affect it. In case you need to know, these are the specs of the new computer I bought:

AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM2+ (2.6GHz, 4MB Cache, 2000MHZ)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit - English
MESH Midi-Tower ATX Case + 550W PSU - 190mm(W) x 420mm(H) x 480mm(D)
ASUS M3A , AMD Socket AM2+ Phenom ATX Mainboard
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB)
1TB (1x 1000GB) Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer [upg £ 40.00]
Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM
512MB ATI Radeon HD3450 (Direct X10.1, PCI Express 2.0)
7.1 High Definition onboard sound card - for 8 Channel Cinema sound
Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + Limited Microsoft Office Trial
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Utility Suite - 7 titles (oem)
BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 - 90 Day Trial - AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter
10 USB 2.0 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 4 ports at back panel) - ASUS M3A
PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET 2 - ASUS M3A
52-in-1 Multi-format Memory Card Reader (matx)

PLEASE I URGENTLY NEED HELP AS I AM VERY FRUSTRATED

ockham posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 3:52 PM

There is no solid limit to frame number.

I can think of two possibilities:

1.  Poser sometimes consumes memory without releasing it.  If this is the
problem, a reboot may fix it.

2.  Because of interpolation, a morph could be reaching a huge number
at frame 108.  Go to that frame and look at the picture in Preview mode. 
Does anything look wild or strange?  If so, try to locate the body part
where it's happening, and look at all the parameters.  If one morph seems
to have a monster value (far beyond 1 or 2), place a reasonable limit on the morph and
turn Figure:Use Limits on.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Eiseprod posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 3:57 PM

Basically, the animation is just a walk in place made in the Walk Designer with a picture at the background. So it is nothing very complicated

jdcooke posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 4:32 PM

For now, you can render out frames as images  (ie:  .bmp, .png etc.)  then simple render the first 100 frames,  restart, render frames 101 - 200,  restart, render 201 to 300,  etc.  Poser should increment your files as it renders and saves

When all images are rendered, you can import them into your video editor and then save out as a video.

good luck

ghonma posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 5:59 PM

Agreed, numbered files is the way to go. I've also had major issues in the past with poser going nuts after a number of frames and the only solution seems to be to render in small batches of frames like jdcooke suggested.

Oh and make sure the rest of your system is not running into issues like overheating or something.

Rance01 posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 8:20 PM

I've created animation much longer than 110 frames using both Poser 5 & 6.  There's an example on my hard disk now that is 12 second long so, what? 360 frames.  Generally I keep animations short than that though.  Use the Edit, Memorize, All at the last frame of segment, delete all frames and choose Edit, Restore All to pick up where you left off. 

Actually the longest in my collection now is 14 seconds but I like to keep segments down to 06 seconds or so.  These can be easily edited together ...

Still images are nice to have at the end of the project as well.  I think I have some old discs with .ZIPs of images on them.  It's a pain when, as slow and cumbersome as rendering out animation frames is, Poser crashes.  Creating stills is an easy way to pick up where you left off.

Good Luck,
Rªnce

wolf359 posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 5:06 AM

There is some other problem with your system or scene file
I was rendering animations exceeding 700 frames back in the bygone days of the poser4 propack on a 266MHZ "powerrmac" with OS9.

this is NOT a poser application problem you are having

My website

YouTube Channel

Eiseprod posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hello friend,

If you feel this is a system problem, do you have any idea wot the problem might be from the system specifications listed above. Also, I am able to render frames lasting up to 750 frames done in BLENDER with this computer. As a matter of fact, I have rendered 3 seperate 750 frames camera fly through around a complex house in Blender. This house contains texutures, glass material with reflection and lights. When I rendered these blender scenes in my old computer which has 2GB RAM and 160GGB hard disk, the system could not handle it.

So how is it that this computer can handle this 750 frames animation and it can not handle a simple 500 framed walk in place with a picture as the background? Please, I still need solution to this challenge.

Rance01 posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 8:16 AM

Wish I could help.  I've an old machine that used to crash but that turned out to be the machine and NOT a Windows 2000 or Poser 5 issue.  I'm using a Vista machine now to create animations and those are pretty long files, like I said above.  I'm also using Poser 6 ...

Seems like you have plenty of system resources.  I just don't know that much about Poser 7.  I reverted back to version 6 pretty early on.

Maybe Wolf can help;(.

Best Wishes,
-R

CaptainJack1 posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 8:32 AM

I'm afraid you can't really compare Blender and Poser... Blender's memory management is much more efficient than Poser's, and Poser has always had issues with handling the way it uses memory.

Unfortunately, there's no way to just point to one thing and say, "That's the problem". You'll have to try some different experiments to see if it can be narrowed down.

Aside from the previous suggestions, you might try removing things from your scene. Make a copy of the file, of course, then start deleting things. Background & texture maps chew up memory, so try them. Try reducing your render settings to a lower value, or try a different renderer instead of FireFly.

If you do these things, and your render gets farther, then we've probably identified a memory management problem. If it stops at the same place, I'd be more likely to go with a morph going out of control, as suggested above.

After you try those things, or if you want more ideas about things we can try, please let us know what you find.

wolf359 posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 8:36 AM

Just curious but what is the walking figure? Mikw Vicky simon sydney?? etc
and what Kind of "background picture" are you using?

My website

YouTube Channel