Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Help: Irritating Scalp!

l8sho opened this issue on Mar 12, 2009 · 6 posts

l8sho posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 4:57 AM

So, I'm just starting out and I'm using a morphing hair that I really like -- Digital Curlz. Only problem is, at most angles, I can see my models scalp through the do'. I know that some Hair things come with bald caps or whatever you call them. Are there generic ones that you can use for all hair types? Or is there another, smarter way around this predicament?

mishamcm posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 7:07 AM

Is this in the preview or after you render using 3delight? 

l8sho posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 9:39 AM

It's the preview. Is 3delight something else I have to buy from Daz in order to actually create something cool?

RHaseltine posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 9:54 AM

No, 3Delight is the software render engine in DS - it's used when you render with the quality slider in Rrender>Render settings dragged all the way to the right.

l8sho posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 10:04 AM

I'll try it. I know I ask questions like a person who didn't read all the literature, but I just kind of leaped into this. And I'm very much a learn by doing (and failing) kind of person. 

Also, I'm trying to figure out about eyeshadow. All the kits that I've looked at say you need a program that reads .psd files. I know that's definitely photoshop, but I don't have that. Is there a free software that might work? Maybe something that comes with a mac laptop? I don't really understand the process yet, anyway.

RHaseltine posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 4:17 PM

Gimp should be able to do the job. You may need to resize the eyeshadow overlays to get them to register - both files have to have the same width and height.