Forum: Carrara

Subject: Tutorials on particle emitter basics

ravenous opened this issue on Mar 20, 2009 · 4 posts

ravenous posted Fri, 20 March 2009 at 12:45 PM

The manual doesn't really cover the subject on particle emitters very well. It describes how to add an emitter to the scene and some brief information on how to use the particle emitter shaders.

But I'd like some more practical examples of how to use the particle emitter. I managed to add an emitter to the scene and have it to spray balls, squares and diamonds all over the scene. But I want to be able to do some really cool stuff. Like smoke. I've seen some really cool smoke trails rendered in Carrara and they look nothing like my bouncing diamonds.

And second, I'm really into Poser content. I tried to make a rain like effect in a scene with Victoria and a particle emitter. The smallest size available on particles seems to be 0,01 ft. That is not small enough to simulate water drops, it more look like golfballs raining on Victoria. Is there really no way to make smaller particles?

And third, even though I set the +/- value for the particle size to zero the size still seem to vary between the particles. Actually, it seems like they get smaller by animation time. Does this make sense?

There's a lot of these basics I don't get. Is there a nifty tutorial or a more in depth instruction anywhere on the Internet that covers the basics of particle emitters?