Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What's happening with my poser props?

nemesis10 opened this issue on Apr 15, 2009 · 6 posts

nemesis10 posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:15 AM

My runtime is misbehaving... Various items in the props fonder are greying out when I examine the list of items.  An installation utility says my "folder is damaged"... and some python scripts are stating to fail...  This is all happening  in Poser 7 on my Mac...

Victoria_Lee posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:23 AM

Have you tried just reinstalling Poser right over your existing installation?

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

nemesis10 posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:48 AM

I haven't yet, partly because it is all happening in the runtime from my old Poser 4 days.... all of the problems seem to linked just to that runtime... all of the props appear in the Poser  7 runtime and the application I have has no problem installing things into the Poser 7 runtime...  I'm not sure what is a damaged runtime...

Victoria_Lee posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:51 AM

There's a program here in the MP called Runtime Repair.  I don't have it but the people I know who do love it.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

animajikgraphics posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:51 AM

Have you tried checking permissions on those folder in your Poser 4 Runtime?  CMD-I the folders in question.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

TrekkieGrrrl posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 2:26 AM

Installing on top of an existing installation won't harm already installed content. Not on Windows at least. So that ought to be safe.

Runtime Repair sounds like a good solution though - if it works on a Mac...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.