Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 7.5 Infinite

ShawnDriscoll opened this issue on Apr 20, 2009 · 27 posts

ShawnDriscoll posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 3:08 AM

What new features are we hoping for in Vue 7.5 Infinite?  I'm just asking members here that haven't seen it because those that have are not allowed to talk about it or its new features.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

silverblade33 posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 3:26 AM

I am not nor ever have been a beta tester for Vue, wish I had though, lol

well what I'd want:

my 2 cents :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

thefixer posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 3:44 AM

I'd like to see them sort 7 out before bringing out 7.5, such as the shaders issue which still isn't resolved.

That's the bitching out of the way, so I'd like a Particle system, same as silverblade with ecopaint and a better terrain view when zooming in on the work windows.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Rich_Potter posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 4:54 AM

Quote - I'd like to see them sort 7 out before bringing out 7.5,

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

bruno021 posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 4:57 AM

Steven, can't you already paint in the top view? I mean, back in Vue6, this was the only view you could paint in...

silverblade33 posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 7:40 AM

doh lol I meant "show previous render in backgorund, of top window, so you can paint properly", lol
slaps forehead jeesh, sorry, wearing my Dumb Ass Head (tm) today ;)

You can show an image you rendered out as "use reference picture" in top viewport, BUT the damn window usually resizes if you maximize it, kind of wasting the point :/

And though you can use the top camera in main window, it's illogical as you'd expect ot be able to use the TOP window just for painting ecos.

that make sense now? :)

I've been playing too much Fallout3 again rather than Vue-ing...it shows....hehe.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

bruno021 posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 11:55 AM

Yeah, makes more sense now, lol!

ShawnDriscoll posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 4:29 PM

Quote - I've been playing too much Fallout3 again rather than Vue-ing...it shows....hehe.

Fallout 3 has taken all the time away from my 3D modeling.  And everything else, too.  Just an amazing piece of software.

silverblade33 posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 6:06 AM

Shaen,
hell yeah, one of the greatest games of all time, IMHO :)

If we could get Vue to do real time work like that, procedural terrian and buildings, foliage in a true concert etc, yikes!! I know it's not raytracing quality, but it is gorgeous.

Fallout and HalfLife2 are true cinematic quality, IMHO, for immersion, and I think give great ideas for renders, I'm just more into fantasy than scifi and post-apocalyptic art or I'd be doing Fallout style renders like crazy ;)
Fallout 3 is good inspiration for terrain and building work in general, though.

Monsoon posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 6:40 AM

I've played Fallout 3 twice now and Half life 2 3 times..........I still like going in and just wandering around looking at all the models and textures. So what if I'm studying low poly texturing and have to kill a couple of bad guys as well......

silverblade33 posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 7:26 AM

Monsoon,
yup! fun AND educational! ;)

actually that game, playing then deconstructing in class, would be a hell of a lot more use than the garbage way we got taught in college, sigh.
(couple of the tutors were great, but the idiot bureacrats who set up the system and course were complete morons when it came to understading art and the digital realm, jeesh) 

Xpleet posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 12:52 PM

In my Vue 7 the metablob button is greyed out. Any idea?

keelin posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 1:45 PM

When is 7.5 due out?

silverblade33 posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 5:38 PM

Xpleet
hm, what version of Vue 7? :)
and do you have a bunch of Vue primitives selected so it can be metablobbed? (sorry, obvious, but just in case...)

alexcoppo posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 9:38 PM

After a careful check of my cristal ball and coffee stains collection, I foresee that Vue 7.5 will be out quite soon (not DAZ soon, but really soon).

Bye!!!

P.S.: not trolling this time, just it is that Terragen2 has been officially announced (b.t.w. with 400$ about its base cost, you get 1300 XFrog plants, i.e. one plant per 31 cents...)

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

estherau posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 2:56 AM

u were right!  in a way...

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Mazak posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 4:01 AM

So now after esther digging out this thread, we know some more facts. 😄

The new 7.4 feature list:

*** Paint material distributions at the surface of terrains.
    * Import, view and edit distribution maps in the Terrain Editor.
    * Terrain effects optionally affect material distribution map.
    * Multi-processor procedural terrain construction
    * Hide objects from render and disable lights by clicking their icon in World Browser
    * Multi-processor panoramic rendering
    * Sky preview with clouds
    * Realistic MetaCloud preview
    * Dynamic plant display optimization
    * Support for Sketchup 7 (Win 32 only)
    * Multi-processor EcoSystem population**

Following is the list of new features available in the upcoming 7.5 release:

*** Support of the V-Ray renderer for 3ds Max (xStream)
    * Support of EcoSystem painting in XSI (xStream)
    * Color and Alpha masks of single clouds and cloud layers in the multi-pass renderer
    * “Camera Mapping” to dramatically cut animation render times
    * Spherical and planetary procedural terrains with infinite level of detail
    * Spherical cloudscapes (procedural, or based on real-world/modified cloud maps - see above)
    * Material Painting and effect-driven material mapping in the Terrain Editor
    * Enhanced Multi-Processor usage for procedural terrains, dynamic EcoSystems and panoramic rendering
    * EcoSystem populations that can evolve over time
    * Cloud layers that cast and receive shadows from other cloud layers and objects in the scene
    * Improved OpenGL sky and cloud preview, colored EcoSystem instance previewing
    * Other productivity and feature enhancements.**

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

ShawnDriscoll posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 4:02 AM

I'm kicking around the idea of getting Terragen 2.  Just don't know yet if I need all the xFrog plants.

estherau posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 4:36 AM

this is a key issue:-

* Other productivity and feature enhancements. 

estherau posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 11:58 PM

so has anyone tried 7.5 beta yet?
Love esther

ShawnDriscoll posted Mon, 04 May 2009 at 1:52 AM

They're not allowed to say until 7.5 is released.  But if everyone here who isn't using it posts so, then by process of...

estherau posted Mon, 04 May 2009 at 2:36 AM

I thought 7.5 is available now if you get the maintenance program

ShawnDriscoll posted Mon, 04 May 2009 at 2:40 AM

A pre-release version of 7.5 is available.  But the official beta test version was only for NDA participants.  Technically, any version of Vue is a beta version for at least two weeks after its release.

estherau posted Mon, 04 May 2009 at 2:46 AM

so someone should be able to talk about it now I would think...

ShawnDriscoll posted Mon, 04 May 2009 at 2:48 AM

About the pre-release (newest beta)... yes.  But not the beta before it.  It's complicated until the official release date.

I'm guessing we'll see gallery posts soon from the pre-release.

dgalarza posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 7:43 PM

Attached Link: Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Bundles and Sidegrades

> Quote - I'm kicking around the idea of getting Terragen 2.  Just don't know yet if I need all the xFrog plants.

This gallery says it all: http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/f/tg2/

I have to say, as a user, Terragen 2 with XfrogPlants Megabundle is the way to go. Especially for Mac users. They have a good deal going on right now if you already own Vue.

estherau posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 9:22 PM

Hi dgalarza, how well do poser people import into terragen, and is it possible to toon/celshade them in terragen?
love esther