Forum: Vue

Subject: Daz Studio and VueSkin 6.1

raiden1983 opened this issue on Apr 29, 2009 · 2 posts

raiden1983 posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hello.I have a problem.I install VueSkin6.1 to root folder of Vue Infinite and copy Skinvue6_1_Dazplugin  and then i try to run python script SkinVue6PC.py. When i clikc this script it's nothing hapend.When i open Python Console i see that:

Python 2.4.2 (#67, Feb  6 2007, 12:05:31) [MSC v.1400 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

Loading file F:Program Filese-on softwareVue 6 InfiniteSkinVue6SkinVue6PC.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:Program Filese-on softwareVue 6 InfiniteSkinVue6SkinVue6PC.py", line 32, in ?
    import wx
  File "F:/Program Files/e-on software/Vue 6 Infinite/Python/PythonLibwx__init__.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx.core import *
  File "F:/Program Files/e-on software/Vue 6 Infinite/Python/PythonLibwx_core.py", line 13454, in ?
    codecs.lookup(default)
  File "C:PYTHON25LIBencodings__init
_.py", line 97, in search_function
    globals(), locals(), _import_tail)
  File "C:PYTHON25LIBencodingscp1250.py", line 307, in ?
    encoding_table=codecs.charmap_build(decoding_table)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'charmap_build'

Can you help what i should do???

dburdick posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 3:59 PM

It looks like you have a couple versions of Python installed on your machine with the default version being the the 2.5 Version you have installed on your C: drive.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem. but it appears that the 2.5 version of Python you installed on your C: drive is setting some Windows registry values that point to the wrong place.  What I would recommend is to
upgrade (free) to SkinVue6.3 at Cornucopia 3D - there is a fix in SkinVue6.3 that solves this problem by forcing the import of wxPython to use VuePython paths as the first search path versus anything you might have in your registry.