Mon, Oct 21, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Is e-on struggling for cash?

alexcoppo ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 10:41 AM

Quote -
I don't know when 7.4 will be released. Also, to my knowledge, no one knows when 7.5 will be released. I suspect 7.4 will be released AFTER 7.5, but I really don't know.

SIGGRAPH '09 starts on August 3rd, so it is reasonable that the thing will be this year big news (official announcement of 7.4 / 7.5, availablity of 7.5 soon after, availability of 7.4 in September... at least this is what I detect from my coffee stains).

Bye!!!

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 3:02 AM

Well it seems many software companies this year are producing insignificant upgrades for too much money.

E-on is just in fashion for the year.

It seems the economy has caused this slow down in software companies hiring any real programmers.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 3:45 AM

I don't think that is the case with modo.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

3DNeo ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 9:16 AM

Quote - I don't think that is the case with modo.

Yes, Modo is great and very well supported for Mac and PC alike. They have some great people over there and I have even talked with one of the main lead developers because he wanted my feedback and input on some things. This seems to be a company that cares much about their users and how they are using it, plus they actually LISTEN to them. So far I have been impressed with them much and also C4D guys over there.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 12:45 PM · edited Wed, 13 May 2009 at 12:46 PM

"This forum is split between the fanboi's and the whingers - so i'm opting for the middle road by buying cheaply with the upgrade offer, keeping 8c on the box, and eagerly awaiting 9a!"

This is what is happening with Sony's Software.  I won't buy it or e-on's until they start taking their upgrades more seriously.  I won't take the middle road and be left holding some buggy software with no developers working on it. 

I got this quote off of Vegas Forum.  A lot of software is taking this road.  Heck, even NAB in April was dead compared to the showcases of the past.  Do you think SIGGRAPH '09 is going to be any better?  I think NOT!

This is practically the same thing happening here and almost everywhere.  The only difference is e-on is fool enough to raise the upgrade price absurdly and make us pay twice a year.  No way. I say!

What a rip off.

Why would E-on behave this way? 

The only reason is they are struggling for cash!

I'll keep Modo in mind.  Thanks for the heads up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.