Forum: Vue

Subject: RENDER PROBLEM - REDUCING SIZE OF POSER FIGURES

johnr1969 opened this issue on May 07, 2009 · 10 posts

johnr1969 posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 12:03 PM

I have received help from these forums in the past and am VERY grateful. It is a real  life-saver.

I am currently working on an image which will eventually be outputted at large scale (5 x 9 metres) for an art exhibition. I have attached the current early working version. OK nothing special as yet! The figures/flower which are imported from Poser need a lot more work but give an idea of the kind of composition I am going for.

The scene has 52 objects, 1 light and 1,235,376 polygons and the atmosphere is a spectral model.

My problem, as ever, is with render times - as I am hoping to render the image at a relatively large size ( 600 x 280cm at 72dpi) so the final image has enough detail. I have read the various tutorials and forums (Peggy, Rutra and others) and will be following their advice in setting up the various render options. In the past I have also rendered in slices. What I am wondering is whether, considering the background figures will be small and silhouetted, is there anything I can do in Poser (before I import them) to reduce their size/comlexity (eg polygons or textures)? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Any advice/suggestions appreciated.