Forum: Carrara

Subject: Mark Bremmer's Carrara Course

stagehand opened this issue on May 31, 2009 · 39 posts

stagehand posted Sun, 31 May 2009 at 6:01 PM

I started going through Mark's Carrara course yesterday, it's excellent, easy to understand, and very informative.

One of the primary reasons I decided to get a membership at VTC to take this specific course was because of the number of lessons devoted to working with hair. I've found very few resourses that discuss Carrara hair and the ones that I've found don't explain a lot of details. Trail and error wasn't doing it for me. I'm only about half way through the hair section and I've already learned a ton. Highly recommended.

I am having a small problem with one thing in the hair room and rather than email Mark directly to ask the question thought I would post it here so that any others who also might have the problem could also benefit from the answer.

The issue I'm having come at the point where I'm defining the hair goups and is with the size of the painter tool. I'm working with V4 and when I initially turn the tool on the radius is set at 1.00 and the tool is larger than her entire head. I am working in the medium work space. In the video Mark turns the radius of the tool down to 0.50 and its just about perfect. I have to turn mine all the way down to 0.10 and the tool is still bigger than her ear. Doesn't give me much detailed control.

Vampires