Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: replace body part with prop, do goals have to be redone?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jun 04, 2009 · 4 posts

MistyLaraCarrara posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:11 PM

I swapped Simon's left foot with a boot using the replace body part command.  Now, when I move his foot, the toes stay. (looks like he stepped in gum.)

When I look at the goals for his right foot, the goal is the foot, not the toes.

And there is a bunch of toes parts, if it is a goal issue, which toe?

or, do I need to divide the boot into a foot and toe group and then swap the toe with the boot toe?

Poser gave me a message about turning off bends to make the new 'foot' act properly, but when I turn bends off, the boot doesn't bend when I bend the foot, the upper part of the boot comes off his shin.

it's not actually a boot, I sized James's grey sock to Simon.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

PhilC posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:57 PM

If you replace two adjacent body parts with props they will become unwelded at the seam.

The way I would do this would be by editing the geometry declaration in the CR2 file.

In place of:-

actor rFoot:1
{
storageOffset 0 0 0
geomHandlerGeom 13 rFoot
}

You put:-

actor rFoot:1
storeageOffset 0 0 0
objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:Your Directory:Your File.obj
}

Then just set the original toe invisible.

Other methods are available, parenting, conforming but if it were me I'd try this.... "just because" :)

MistyLaraCarrara posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 3:07 PM

I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 8:43 AM

This is what the gooey toe looks like.