Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: What's going on..Billy Mays passed away today

tebop opened this issue on Jun 28, 2009 · 30 posts

tebop posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:57 AM

Sad sad. 

He was found dead June 28 in the morning. Or at least that's what i heard in the news.

He was great
RIP

Winterclaw posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 12:01 PM

These things usually come in threes, however this makes four.  Kind of sad, I enjoyed his TV show on discovery.

RIP Billy.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

geep posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 12:05 PM

Four? ... What about ... ? :blink:

1. David Carradine
  2. Ed McMahon
  3. Farah Fawcett
  4. Michael Jackson
  5. Billy Mays

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Khai-J-Bach posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 12:10 PM

1. David Eddings

LostinSpaceman posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 12:10 PM

It's an epidemic!! 

Khai-J-Bach posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 12:33 PM

this month has been bad...

LaurieA posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 12:50 PM

Holy cow. This one kinda threw me. Was just getting to like the show.

Been a bad year so far...

Laurie

thefixer posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:00 PM

Sorry but who is he and what is he famous for??
I've never heard the name!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

LaurieA posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:21 PM

He's an American "pitchman", someone who gets on television and pitches products for people to buy. He's pretty famous because he's hawked a lot of stuff and he and another pitchman (who happens to be British - Antony or Anthony Sullivan) had a show called "Pitchmen" on Discovery Channel.

His trademark was his booming voice - almost yelling - to sell his products ;)

Laurie

LaurieA posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:24 PM

Quote - 6. David Eddings

The writer?

Laurie

thefixer posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:24 PM

Thanks!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

LostinSpaceman posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:25 PM

He was the Oxiclean guy.

Khai-J-Bach posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 1:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - 6. David Eddings

The writer?

Laurie

yup he passed away on the 2nd. the beginning of a bad bad month.

ThunderStone posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 3:44 PM

Holy cow!!! I missed that one... Now the "curse" has run it full course, eh? :b_tonguewink:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

wolf359 posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 8:54 AM

Thousands of NON famous people Die each day and their Loved ones are just as grieved.
The Death of some "celebrities" are no more of a "tragedy" than the Deaths of
the Obscure.

This is why you should NOT Venerate another human being to the point of
Idol worship just because they Sing,Dance or appear on TV.
as Death shows us clearly that when you take away all the superficial
trappings of Fame&Wealth they are no Different from the rest of us.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Marque posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 9:47 AM

Have to agree with Wolf, was saying the same thing to my husband this morning.

LaurieA posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 10:53 AM

Quote - Thousands of NON famous people Die each day and their Loved ones are just as grieved.
The Death of some "celebrities" are no more of a "tragedy" than the Deaths of
the Obscure.

This is why you should NOT Venerate another human being to the point of
Idol worship just because they Sing,Dance or appear on TV.
as Death shows us clearly that when you take away all the superficial
trappings of Fame&Wealth they are no Different from the rest of us.

Cheers

Well, in the end, I think most of us don't venerate them :o). I haven't cried, I haven't been distraught over it - any of them - it's just a small surprise and curiosity to most ppl. And in the end they ARE just the same as the rest of us considering we all have to face death someday. Death is indeed the great equalizer.

It's just something that ppl talk about, nothing more really. And I don't idolize anyone other than maybe my kids ;o).

Laurie

JenX posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 11:53 AM

i think, more than anything, that a lot of the passings lately have been "Wow, that could have happened to me" or "wow, he/she was my age!", not so much idol worship.  (Ok, we'll let Farrah and MJ out of the pre-stated category)  With Mays, it wasn't so much that everyone loved him (raise your hand if you ever changed the channel when he came on raises hand), but that he's in the public eye AND it was just so sudden and unexpected.
I do, however, feel for his family.  It's a life-upheaving situation when someone close to you is gone unexpectedly.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

metabog posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 11:56 AM

Of all the deaths which occurred last week, I have to say in all honesty that I will not miss Billy Mays at all. It is however - terrible to me to contemplate that it was only through death that we were ridded forever of his annoying yelling. I don't wish him death but I have to admit I've always wished he would go away forever. Maybe if his voice had changed and he would never be able to yell again on television - that would have been enough. I would never go so far as to say that I am glad he is gone because it would look as if I were saying something more ominous -  but if he had retired and we the innocent television watching citizens never had to listen to him again that would have been nice. I mean no disrespect for the deceased - it's just that I have always wished never to have to hear him again.

LaurieA posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 12:01 PM

Quote - i think, more than anything, that a lot of the passings lately have been "Wow, that could have happened to me" or "wow, he/she was my age!", not so much idol worship.  (Ok, we'll let Farrah and MJ out of the pre-stated category)  With Mays, it wasn't so much that everyone loved him (raise your hand if you ever changed the channel when he came on raises hand), but that he's in the public eye AND it was just so sudden and unexpected.
I do, however, feel for his family.  It's a life-upheaving situation when someone close to you is gone unexpectedly.

Exactly. I didn't care for him much and I have changed the channel or at least muted it when one of his commercials came on ;). I did like the show though. I was funny, informative, shows just how cutthroat the system is... It's more a "Who would have thought HIM??" kind of thing more than anything else. Sudden deaths are nearly always a surprise. Especially when there are so many others that you would expect to have died, like Michael - always kinda frail, but no one thought he was THAT frail.

Laurie

JOELGLAINE posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 7:18 PM

Billy Mays and Michael Jackson were fifty.  I'm Fifty.  A lot of people just feel like mortality is closing in on them. I already had that happen last week.

I got the check for moving to another apartment. After cashing it, I ran out of gas and pulled into an abandoned building's parking lot.  A blue Escalade pulled in behind me.  A heavy set Middle-eastern bald man with a huge knife demanded all my money, or he'd "gut me like a fish"

Being a paranoid SOB, I had hidden most of the $500 USD about on my person, so he only got $70. I walked over to the Shell station in the 100F heat and called the cops and got a gallon of gas and walked back.  GIving my statement to the police, I suffered heat stroke and almost died.

I ended up spending  part of last weekend in the hospital and have felt like crap ever since.

Moral of this story? I'm not famous, so it's not news worthy. On my measurement scale, it barely ranks in the top ten worst days ever in my life.  I'm also lucky I didn't get knifed, OR die from heat stroke.  I kept the majority of my money.

The only difference between famous people and us "Non-famous" is I'm not harassed by paparazzi , and when we die, our families aren't bothered either. :laugh: I'd prefer to be RICH, not famous. OR dead!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

LaurieA posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 9:06 PM

Gawd JOELGAINE. I'm so sorry that happened to you!! That's horrible.

I'm glad you didn't die too ;) I hope you recover to tip top soon.

Laurie

geep posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 10:03 PM

Hey Joel,

Please check your Site Mail.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

JenX posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 10:08 PM

Jeez, Joel!  That really sucks!!  :(  I'm really glad you survived the day, and the jerk who took your money didn't take your life, too. 

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

tebop posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 10:29 PM

Some of you guys have said how we shouldn't think highly of Billy mays etc ...

It's not just that!!! When i hear all these people dying, it makes me think how my dad will probably die soon!!! and not just mine, but many people's dads

My dad is 60.. and he insists in eating meat everyday and cholosterol filled stuff. I dn't know but i'm fearing that he will end up like Billy

chud posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:32 AM

1. Sky Saxon

JOELGLAINE posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 5:46 AM

Today is my birthday today.  I made it to 51!  Life hasn't killed me yet! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
:laugh: I gotta celebrate every victory I get. Happy dance time!  I might have lost a little money to a miserable thug who looked like he might knife himself, BUT he COULD NOT STEAL my joy of life!!

You have to enjoy every small and large thing in life.  The joys of good food, friends, art, music and the million things that makes life worth living.  There is plenty of crap that happens in every day life that can make anyone miserable. Together we help each other over the low points, and reach the high points.

I'm 51 and STILL kicking ass and taking names. Baby! :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

JenX posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 6:07 AM

:)  Happy Birthday, Joel :)

geep posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 8:17 AM

(ding!)  😄

cheers, ................ and ...... Happy Birthday !
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

JOELGLAINE posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 11:30 AM

:blushing: :rolleyes:  I did NOT mean to single-handedly  hijack the thread! Oy.  Being ABLE to reach this birthday is more of a present than I might deserve.

I now return you to the dead celebrities thread, with the celebrities fighting hard to remain dead.
Already in progress.... :laugh: