Forum: Bryce

Subject: Back from U.Va, good news.

sackrat opened this issue on Jul 10, 2009 · 23 posts

sackrat posted Fri, 10 July 2009 at 1:25 PM

Hey everybody ! Ok, just got back from U.Va Med Center. It was determined that the size of the tumor on my liver has gotten to large to be safely removed and the state of health of the rest of my liver also would seriously compromise the chances of a favorable outcome of such a procedure. However, as U.Va Med Center is a major transplant center, I have been given the opportunity  to receive a new liver. Actually this is probably the best chance of a complete cure I could have. I am a common blood and tissue type so I should be easy to match. I will register next week and be put on the transplant list shortly thereafter.This is all very good news !! I wish to give my deeply heartfelt thanks to all those who have expressed their prayers and best wishes. Y'all have no idea just how much this has meant to me. This is more support than I have recieved from my entire family. I also wish to thank Amanda and Niki at UVa. As odd as it may sound, this place and the Bryce gallery are one of the things that lift my spirit and brighten my days here lately,............that and the morphine. What a wonderful invention that stuff is !! Anyway,........I'll save that for another time. I'll be here for now. Maybe I'll even get a chance to do some rendering. Once again,.......you guys are the best ! Thanx !
                                                                             TOM. (sackrat)

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx