Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 camera bug

lookoo opened this issue on Jul 18, 2009 · 4 posts

lookoo posted Sat, 18 July 2009 at 8:23 AM

Hi all!

I have been using Poser from version 4 onwards since 2001.  Presently I have Poser 6, accessing my Poser 4 runtime.

For some time a camera bug has popped up that came and went, but now it doesn't seem to go away any more: Whenever I click on the camera movement symbols in the Pose Room, the camera jerks away tens or hundreds of thousands of Poser units. The cameras are simply not usable by mouse anymore. The dials still work but the workflow is hampered beyond a tolerable level.

I just installed service release 3 for Poser 6 but that didn't change anything either.

Any ideas beyond a complete reinstall of Poser6?

Thanks for your help in advance!

geep posted Sat, 18 July 2009 at 8:51 AM

When the camera misbehaves ...
Try pressing the SPACEBAR and then resetting the parameter values.
Now the trackball should work normally.
😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

lookoo posted Sun, 19 July 2009 at 9:39 AM

Aaaaah, will try that out when at home!

Thanks a lot to the legendary Dr. Geep!

geep posted Sun, 19 July 2009 at 10:07 AM

Epilog:

This "problem" usually occurs after one has ...
... watched (or played) some video while Poser was open (or not). :cursing:

For some strange reason, playing video seems to screw up Poser's Camera's parameters which can be seen by looking at the numerical values of some of the camera's parameters. :blink:

It may possibly have something to do with the way a program "talks" to the video card.  But, for some odd reason, while using Poser, pressing the SPACEBAR seems to jolt Poser (or the errant video card) back to it's senses and then things usually work normally. 😄

This may not be what is causing your problem but, if it is, the solution is pretty simple - - provided you have a SPACEBAR on your keyboard. :lol:

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019