Forum: Vue

Subject: Best version of Poser for integration and workflow with Vue6 Inf 64, core2quad

wushen opened this issue on Aug 07, 2009 · 2 posts

wushen posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 9:25 PM

Hi I'm running XPpro64 with a quadcore processor, I'm currently working with Vue6 Inf-64 and Poser7, I was emailed an option to upgrade to Poser8 for a reasonable price...I noticed it did not specify that it was 64-bit friendly, however PoserPro detailed that it was, and is only slightly more money. Both have an all body morphing tool which is my main interest in upgrading (other than render/load speeds) Poser8 also advertizes import of motion capture files which is a bit of an enticement, however PoserPro allows for batch renders. Both of these are potentially useful features, but my primary interest is compatability with Vue6 64 and Skinvue (for Daz characters) especially with reguards to import speed and accuraccy. I'm also interested in better dynamic fabric/hair calculation and accurracy) I feel it's important to mention I don't use the Poser texture/repose options inside of vue, I find them too resource demanding.   I believe vue6 was designed with Poser6 and 7 in mind does it accomodate for these newer versions. I'm unable to upgrade Vue anytime soon. Is it worthwhile to upgrade Poser, and which is the best version for me? I appreciate your help.

hobepaintball posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 11:53 AM

Stay with 7 or go with 8. If you are remdering in Vue you loose all of the advantages in Pro.