Wed, Sep 18, 5:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 5:26 pm)

Subject: New pose 8 figures

jugoth ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:31 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Im impresed with the male figures and thier textures, but the women look real bad, they are tottal crap.
they cant even compare to a poser 3 female and poser 4 female, hell even the modified p4 females wipe the floor of the p8 females.
how come the male figures had lot work put in but the females cheap tesco rubbish, maybe they should get someone else old to do the femaale figures next time.

*** edited by bantha ***

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:42 PM

When you say "programed" do you then mean modeled, textured or is it the rigging that sucks in your opinion?

I'm asking because for the first time since Posette I have a new Poser female I actually want to play with. And that's saying something. So I'm curious as to why you think they're such utter crap?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

jugoth ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:46 PM

What i mean girl is they  are modeled bad, i use p3 and p4 females and p4 variant females with superb skin textures.
P7 sydney for all her faults came out well till morphs ect, but the p8 females are terrible, as it looks like ill have to go in photo shop and using nikon filters make thetextur skin better.
I have put p8 high and low female against p3 and 4 in a scene and the p3 and 4 came out better.

thedutchview ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:47 PM

trekkie some people you cant please. no matter what. the creators did their best to get us some nice and decent figures. if you dont like their look morph morph morph. bitching has no use at all. 

jugoth ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:51 PM

Well dutch when i spend all that money on a program, i expect the figures to be as good or better than the free figures, or the ones you can buy.
Piklads p4 figures are bloody fantastic, and p8 females cant compet against p4 Nea.

thedutchview ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:52 PM

thats only cuz pitklad made Nea that way, you could do they same for Alyson or any other figure, they are not born that way y'know. and even in the beginning possette wasnt looking like that at all. 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 3:56 PM

file_436433.jpg

I think I'm getting better with morphing her.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:38 PM

Picasso upon opening his new paintbox was heard to exclaim, " You call that #0000FF !!!" I can do better than that", and then proceeded to do so.

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:50 PM

Quote - Picasso upon opening his new paintbox was heard to exclaim, " You call that #0000FF !!!" I can do better than that", and then proceeded to do so.

Probably did but you can't build a mesh by moaning at it :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 9:03 PM

I thought she was a bit wierd looking when I opened her out of the box but I discovered she had quite a good amount of morphs for a stating point and add the morphing brush, I think I've come up with a good character. Not a super model face but a very good everyday face.

I can't show it right this minute because I'm doing a render and I don't know how long it will take. I will post it here and let you decide if it is bad or not. Not that I really care what anyone thinks as I like it.

If I want to do more to her, I'll run her through modo and really morph her up. Which is the whole point of figures if you ask me. They are just a starting base and it is up to the user to finish them.

Then there are those that need to have everything made as a click and render. I still think that the community is getting lazier every year.

I think PhilC should make more of those make art buttons like the last one he had done. LOL.

Don ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 10:23 PM

I think Alyson and Ryan are far better than Dork or Posette. They pose better than many other native Poser characters. The hands are a big improvement with the addition of the 4th finger joint. Their hands are the best out there.

pzrite ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 6:05 AM

I admit I haven't spent much time tweaking the new P8 figures, but my first impression is that the female is kind of unattractive and masculine looking.  Hopefully we'll see some merchant support for a make-over.

Victoria is just such a hard act to follow. :biggrin:

TZORG ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 6:14 AM

I've read the opposite complaint, that the guy was worse than the woman.

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 6:22 AM

No one is advocating that the new P8 female is going to be taking over from V4. V4 pretty much dominates the market that same way Poser once and still does. That said, Alyson does indeed morph very well. There is no reason why there won't be third parties making new characters for her.

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:24 AM

I have not spent to much time using either the new male or female in P8 however been playing the other figures that came with Poser 8. 
Too see a larger image goto my website and click on gallery

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 10:29 AM · edited Mon, 10 August 2009 at 10:30 AM

file_436513.jpg

I quite like Alyson. I think she has some very interesting features. Dana, a new character  WIp, is created with just the morphs she comes with. I haven't even custom morphed her yet.   I believe each new character (mesh) is unique and sometimes it takes time to get the life blood flowing into them. cheerio lululee

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 10:35 AM

Looks great!

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 10:54 AM

I like ALYSON.

Many reasons to do so:

1. I like the Lo res version.
  2. The rigging is well done
  3. The body is more like a “real” woman. Compared to all those super-trooper glamour girls lately. Go out on the streets, and how many V4’s do you see?
  4. The Lo Res version is easy to work on and easy to morph.
  5. And, most of all, tons of morphs are included. Almost any shape can be made. It just takes some time and imagination.

Complains? Certainly, how many do you want?

1. The default texture is too saturated, and too yellow.
  2. The breasts need a lot of work. As usual in Poser figures, they are too high on the chest, and the shape is wrong.
    They are OK for clothed figures, as they are supported by a bra. But for naked or loose bikini stuff, they are too high on the chest.
  3. And no, the morph “Natural Breast” does not lower the lower base of the breast.
  4. The face. OK, it can and could be improved upon.
    That are anime lips, I’ve not seen a “real woman” out there with lips like that.
    And the default could be head a little wider, the mouth a little smaller, and the chin is too wide for the small face. But this can easily be corrected, the morphs are included.

I thank SM, for a great Job.
Not perfect, but a great job.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 1:35 PM

You can also use the "breast droop" morph if  the breast is too high.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:52 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_436525.jpg

Correct, but that one lowers the base only about half an inch. I homemade a morph to size them down and to lower them. It is a full body morph, including the collars, chest and abdomen.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:01 PM

file_436531.jpg

just another shot at her, hey, those screengrabs, are not even rendered huh.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:11 PM

You know, I never noticed before now, but she's slightly bow-legged, isn't she?

TZORG ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:14 PM

I kinda like her. Body shape and stature seem nice.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 5:40 PM

file_436542.jpg

My first test with alyson.

There are a couple of things that could have been done differently, breast position as pointed out and nice fix vilters BTW. The mouth.

But I find that the nose is the hardest to work with. The included morphs seem to have been made with hard edges. The morphs seem to stop at the same verts so it's not a smooth transition. The problem piles up with each added morph and you start to get creasing between morphs. But the nose was modeled with the nostrils flat and really wide.
 I think they should have been modeled rounder and it would have been easier to make flat and wide morphs instead.

I used the morphing brush to fix but I think that she will really need to go into a modeling app to make some better morphs.

But that's the fun of new figures, being able to change them to something that you like. Is she a V4? No. But we don't need another V4. Variety is what we need. So I like Alyson for that reason. Something different.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 6:55 PM

I could not agree more. Alyson is a nice figure, Not perfect, but who is?

it is a nice job SM did.
And you are right about the nose.

And, as info;
I do not have a high end morphing program, and have to work on each element seperadly.

That s why I love those Lo Res figures, and (well hate is a big word) hate the High Zillion Point figures.
As a pure hobby it takes weeks, if not months to make the morphs I want for those.
I look at all figures, and it is a common problem.
Balloons, filled with helium, and (thank God) not YET on the chin,  so high on the chest.
I made a full body morph for them,
Low for naked, medium for a loose bikini, and default for clothed .

Thank the Good Old man, for including the Low Res Figures, and all those morphs.
Well, I send the morphed elements to SM on a ticket, we 'll see.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 9:11 PM

Quote - But I find that the nose is the hardest to work with.

Yeah I found the morphs for the nose didn't really do much to change the shape around the base of the nose, you're kind of stuck with it uniless you're into sculpting.  I also think the torso is too narrow for the proportions but eh ^^

The icebreaker chin bugs me a lot, dunno what they were thinking there.

My Freebies

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 11:45 PM

I'm trying to do something with the mouth corners. Now there's a challenge too.

I'm thinking of starting over from scratch in modo and see what I can come up with. Try to make so fix morphs for the nose and mouth and the outside eye corners. They seem to wrap half way round the head. LOL.

Just little things that I think that should have been modeled the opposite of how they were done to the morphs.

It will also give me a chance to model some different clothes at the same time.

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 2:53 AM

After Judy ( ugliest face ever), P6 Jessi ( Alien??), Sydney ( lower eyelids far to thick, ugly teeth) and freaky Simon ( no healthy human has that tiny eyes), did you think that the Poser 8 figures would be any better? Some figures like P6 James, the old Koji and the Mikis are OK. Kelvin G2 is the best of the G2 figures, he´s the only G2 Figure I bought before getting him for free during my 6 months passport membership thanks to P7. Jessi G2 is a pretty girl, but when you make her smile strange things happen to her lower eyelids. After that many years in 3d content development the people at Smith Micro should be able to do a better job or hire somebody who knows how to model a decent 3d human.
The people at DAZ do a far better job IMHO. Their newer models look pretty good, V4 and especially M4 are big improvement over M3 and V3. You don´t have to spent a lot of time to simply make them look "normal", you can use the time to pretty them up.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 3:20 AM

I think your forgetting a very important point. DAZ makes thier living on content. They have to make good figures or they would lose thier customer base.

SM is in software and the content is secondary/bonus.

Would I like to see a more thought out modeled figure. Yes. Is it a deal stopper. No. In time you will see what others do with these figures.

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 3:57 AM

I know about this point, there would be no need for DAZ if the base Poser figures where great. But Smith Micro ( not the merchants at CP) also has content for sale and most of the poser content they offer is low quality IMHO. I´m not saying that everything at DAZ is great, there´s a lot of not so high quality stuff at DAZ, but the average quality at DAZ is higher than at CP. If I ever succeed in downloading the P8 content I will give Alison a try.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 4:52 PM

"I know about this point, there would be no need for DAZ if the base Poser figures where great."

I don't agree. We need the variety and competition and we really don't need a new world order/single company controling the community. Besides, wasn't DAZ the split off company from Zygot that made the original poser figures in the first place? Now, have you seen the prices of Zygot?

No we need both and as many other companies/merchants to push each other or it will get stale fast.

It really depends on what you want to do with the figures whether or not you will like using them. All figurse have thier uses.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 7:08 PM

file_436667.jpg

At first I thought she looked like a lump of coal, but after a little sculpting...I'm beginning to like the gal! 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 1:22 AM

As promised I gave Alyson a try, and after some work on her body and face in Blender I came up with this:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1930371.

No we need both and as many other companies/merchants to push each other or it will get stale fast. I agree with this.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 5:38 AM

Quote - At first I thought she looked like a lump of coal, but after a little sculpting...I'm beginning to like the gal! 😄

Well, every diamond in the rough starts off as a lump of coal. :biggrin:

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 4:42 PM

file_436775.jpg

Another of my Alyson character.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 11:31 PM

file_436804.jpg

one more for you. I may actually get serious with a morph some time but not right now. I'm having to much fun just playing around.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 11:45 PM · edited Wed, 12 August 2009 at 11:46 PM

Everybody seems to have forgotten the previous female figure we got with Poser Pro.

Even I was badmouthing this figure constantly. Many people told me this figure would be morphed into something useful.

Curious - did anybody ever do that?

I've already seen some very nice Alyson morphs around and its only a been a week.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 11:48 PM

And the male. Did he ever show up anywhere?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 11:51 PM

Oh gawd! My eyes! My eyes!

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 12:16 AM

Quote - one more for you. I may actually get serious with a morph some time but not right now. I'm having to much fun just playing around.

Thank goodness, you've made her more attractive than her default!!!

Just kidding. Have fun.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 5:08 PM

Hey, she has a nice personality.

bagginsbill, Not fair, I had to morph Alyson to get that. She didn't come stock that way.

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 5:26 PM

Do those Poser Pro figures have names? I'm surprised to not have heard about them

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 7:00 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Spudhead.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 7:24 PM

No they have no names. They're called
LowResMale
MedResMale
LowResFemale
MedResFemale

I think I rendered the medium resolution ones.

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 7:41 PM

SM should have offered a free upgrade to PoserPro 2010 for anyone who could morph those figures into something that looked human.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 11:27 PM

Quote - SM should have offered a free upgrade to PoserPro 2010 for anyone who could morph those figures into something that looked human.

That's probably the only thing that would make me upgrade to the next Pro version. I never used the previous one.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 1:29 AM

Quote - And the male. Did he ever show up anywhere?

What          ***IS ***         that???!!

OMG...lol.

Laurie

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 10:20 AM

Hi all,

I'm seeing more and more love for Alison, but not a great deal of love for Ryan.

I have to admit when I saw the early renders put up by BB I was worried. Out of the box, he's just as ugly as I expected; but there's a wealth of morphs to play with, and after some simply dial-spinning I'm starting to see something resembling a decent character:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1931747

I don't think he'll replace Apollo for me, but he is a surprisingly good alternative.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 12:30 PM

I still havn't Poser 8 so excuse me if I'm wrong.From the few Alyson pics I've seen it seems to me as if her arms are way to short.There was a promo pic of Nadja for Alyson at the DAZ-forum where you could have seen what I mean.It was removed because of nudity.(... because nudity can make you blind and you will burn in hell for that 😠 .)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 1:17 PM

Quote - I still havn't Poser 8 so excuse me if I'm wrong.From the few Alyson pics I've seen it seems to me as if her arms are way to short.There was a promo pic of Nadja for Alyson at the DAZ-forum where you could have seen what I mean.It was removed because of nudity.(... because nudity can make you blind and you will burn in hell for that 😠 .)

Too short for what? Because I'm not really happy with the way her arms bend, actually, the way her forearms bend, but they don't seem too short to me.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2009 at 4:12 PM

Thank you 3Dream for that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.