Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WARNING if you are importing Poser 8 to UK

zippy opened this issue on Aug 12, 2009 · 61 posts

zippy posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 7:57 AM

I recently happily purchased Poser 8 direct from SmithMicro, taking advantage of their introductory offer. They charged me for the product, plus UPS postage.

I have just received the package, plus a nasty unexpected doorstep demand from UPS for a further $48 / £29 for import tax and 'brokerage'. It would have been nice if SmithMicro had stated this on the original invoice, but sadly they appear NOT to want to be one of the better quality US businesses who kindly check up on extra charges and notify customers in advance - before paying.

So, if you live in the UK and buy direct from SmithMicro US, then whether your software is on speacial offer (like mine) or you are paying the full price - expect to suddenly pay a damned site more when it gets to your door. Of course I don't mind paying import tax, but as I said, SmithMicro don't appear to be one of those companies who choose to include it in their bill. It is NOT good business, because UPS expected a cash payment, which I didn't have on me, and paying by card took an extra fifteen minutes using my phone, which delayed the UPS driver as I had to listen to a very lengthy phone menu of options before I actually got to pay!

Next time I buy a Poser update, I am ordering from Amazon.uk, because when they say "Delivery charge total" they really mean it with no hidden extras.