Forum: Carrara

Subject: Audio lenght problem

TOXE opened this issue on Aug 24, 2009 · 10 posts

TOXE posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 7:54 AM

Hi all,

i'm working on an animation and i have a problem with audio files, when i add the file to the sequencer the lenght is not correct. I miss something?

I'm on C6 pro on mac

Thanks

-TOXE

MarkBremmer posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 9:20 AM

Hi Toxe,

I haven't encountered this personally but my use of audio inside is very limited since I typically do that in post production. Is the audio shorter, longer? I can try to trouble shoot here and see if I can duplicate and solve the  issue.

Mark

TOXE posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 10:10 AM

Hi Mark,

the length of the clip (a song) is 5:21 minutes and the file is ok, but when imported in carrara it is only 1 minute. The trouble appear on every new file (also a blank scene), so if you want to test create a new file and import a wave or aiff file in C6 pro.

Thanks, Davide

MarkBremmer posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 10:55 AM

Just tested it out and looks like a bug in v6 that has been corrected in v7. I was successful in getting audio of 1-2 minutes to play correctly but the bug seems to connected to file size: larger/longer files import incorrectly.

If you have QT Pro, you could export segments and bring them in individually at about 1 minute each- a pain but at least it's a temporary solution. 

TOXE posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:08 AM

Mark,

the ridiculous thing is that i have another problem with Lightwave 9.6, importing a file audio crash the app! Modo don't have support for audio scrubbing, so i'm a pro, i've bought pro apps and know i need to find "temporary solutions"! AAAARGH!

BTW i'll try with QT Pro, but the real problem is that carrara import the sounds randomly so i'm not sure if i create 5 segments of 1 minute if carrara will import them correctly. I've tried to import a 1 minute song and the resulting file is 3 seconds.

Thanks

Davide

MarkBremmer posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:40 AM

C7 does import it correctly and easily, so, if you want to update...

Hey, if it was easy, everybody would do it. ;-)

TOXE posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:49 AM

Update is a critical thing for me now, i've bought enough softwares this year... Now i use modo for 90% of my work, but sometimes Carrara it's still the right application for me.

I've splitted the file with Amadeus and the files work perfectly in carrara, but placing them correctly it's a real challenge. Another bug!

You're right Mark, difficult things are nice;-)

Thanks

Davide

MarkBremmer posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:52 AM

401 is very nice as is c4dr11. I completely understand the updating issue. :-O The tool box is expensive to keep filled.

TOXE posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:59 AM

Yes, 401 it's a piece of art, very stable and solid. I haven't tried C4D 11, but i'm sure that is a serious software. I'll try it for sure.

Well, the file is ok. Now i need "only" to create the animation!

Davide

Tashar59 posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

Snowsultan was looking for an app to add the audio to his animations. He needed something that did multi tracks.

I pointed him to WAX. It's free and he said it worked great. I use sony vegas and acid so I never bothered to try it.