Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Creating movie in Poser questions - Lighting, Rendering, Animating Hair

LionheartM opened this issue on Sep 24, 2009 · 6 posts

LionheartM posted Thu, 24 September 2009 at 5:45 AM

Hallo! :]

I'm nearing the end of a very long animation phase, and I'm now starting to look into the movie making part - rendering shots, editing, etc. My first movie is going to be about 3 minutes long, and will all be inside one dimly lit room with two characters dancing.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping you folks could help with. I'll number them to make things easier.

1. First off I'll admit I know next to nothing about lighting. I was wondering if when rendering each shot, from different angles and such.. do I need to adjust the lighting every shot? Or just keep it static? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of time with lighting.. if anyone has any suggestions for simple lighting set-ups (that still look good) for animation I'd appreciate it.

2. Does anyone have tips on  render settings for animation? I'm reaching my deadline, and while I want the quality to look very good, I also don't want to be rendering for a month.

3. I'm debating between learning the Poser hair room and having a nice head of flowing hair on my V4 character.. or saving a lot of time and using a short non-animated hairstyle. I've seen several Poser movies with short hair that's not animated that doesn't look that great.. but I'm worried about the render times and learning curve of the Poser hair room. Anyone ever deal with this problem? Or is there perhaps a poseable hair item in the store that animates easily and looks decent?

4. This it a total noob question.. but while I'm rendering an animation, am I allowed to use the computer still? For browsing the net and Word and such.

Any and all information would be much appreciated. Looking forward to any replies!

Thanks!