Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Replaceing one figure with another - How to?

perpetuavelouria opened this issue on Oct 15, 2009 · 9 posts

perpetuavelouria posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 4:43 AM

I am using PhilC's Leia costume (see avatar) and in his instructions for it he says to replace the existing wire-frame Victoria with the fiure of your choice, and be sure to choose 'retain props' when prompted. Trouble is, I cannot find the command to swap figures. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Perp

NoelCan posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 4:55 AM

Select the figure you want from Your figures library. Then click the "Double Check button at the bottom of Your libraries panel..  The appropriate boxes will open for Your input..

Have FUN..

geep posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 7:04 AM

The *single checkmark* will "Change Figure" ... That is, it will **replace** the selected figure in the Document window with the selected figure in the Library.  But, BE CAREFUL ... the new figure from the library will keep the old name of the figure that was replaced (in Poser 7 anyway).

If you want the new figure to have it's own name (as shown in the Library), delete the first figure and then use the double checkmark to "create New Figure."

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

perpetuavelouria posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 7:58 AM

OK, thanks - I'll go try it

Perp

perpetuavelouria posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 9:00 AM

Problem - When I do the swap-over, the figure I saved wont now go into PhilC's Leia Poses! arrgh! must have saved it wrong?

geep posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 9:26 AM

That is possible ... try redoing it and save it again (with a different name?)

;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

perpetuavelouria posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 10:26 AM

Maybe they never worked, cos the poses aren't for V4 - But i thought they'd give me an approximation of the PhilC pose? Am I wrong?

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 2:19 PM

Poses are more or less figure independant. Of course some poses are easier to use cross figures than others, Apollo's poses for instance are vastly different because he has extra body parts and is grouped differently, but... which figure are you swapping the wireframe thing for?

Also.. is it a conforming or dynamic dress?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

perpetuavelouria posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 2:52 PM

Well... I don't actually see a wireframe thingy - PhilC's site shows one, but as its a set for V2, I figured the screenshot shows an older version of Poser than mine, so I thought nothing of it. When I load the Leia Set, it just looks to be floating in the right places - except for the loincloth, which seems to rotated on its x axis by around 80 degrees.  When I load V4 (with Morphs++) I conform the figures to my new V4 figure. The metal bra is in roughly the right place, the other props and hair and chain figures need a little tweaking, and when I conform the loincloth it is exactly right.
As for whether it is conforming or not, well - I still don't really understand that term, sorry!

Perp