Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: Please, matching uniforms for M4/V4

Darklorddc opened this issue on Oct 27, 2009 · 5 posts

Darklorddc posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 12:47 PM

People are putting out a lot of good sci-fi uniforms for M4 and V4. Too bad it seems almost worthless, because almost nobody will put out a version that matches both M4 and V4. Unless you want to dress your sci-fi characters up in star trek uniforms, you're pretty limited in what you can do.
And this, really, goes for any and all uniforms. They're no good to those of us trying to do story-telling artwork if you've only got one or the other.

Davo's Shard armors were the last good ones that I'm aware of. There's those and some of the Xurge armors.
Can anyone out there do full uniforms with rank insignia, some color variations, etc., for both male and female characters. I'd be happy with M3 or M4, personally. Heck, you could even make them textures for the shadowdancer outfits...or just use the M4 and V4 bodysuits! Those are already multipurpose pieces of clothing..they'd work fine. Just do a non-star trek, quality texture for both.
Something along the lines of Porsimo's starship crew uniforms, plus some rank pins maybe, and that'd be perfect, and you'd sell buttloads of them if the quality is good and there was some texture variety.

markschum posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 2:54 PM

How about crossdresser and convert M4 to V4 .?  Would only be under $10 for the V4 plugin.

I was thinking things like Shadow Dancer but thats not really uniform .

Darklorddc posted Tue, 27 October 2009 at 4:07 PM

Quote - How about crossdresser and convert M4 to V4 .?  Would only be under $10 for the V4 plugin.

I was thinking things like Shadow Dancer but thats not really uniform .

I tried that with MOS invasion hoping to be able to use starship crew....it wasn't pretty. At least not to the quality level I'd like.

vulcanis posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 12:45 AM

Something else that you could try...

Morphing Clothes

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=64629

If you don't have it already, I suggest making the purchase. I truly feel it is the single best Poser related purchase I have made to date. Believe me when I say that I have made MANY purchases, lol. I was so pleased, I even left a comment, which is rare for me.

If you do own it...there is a way to use the program to do cross figure conversions. If you are interested, let me know. I will try to assemble a mini tutorial explaining the process that I use. I actually used it to create a M3 version of the M4 mesh. I never use a program 100% as intended =)

Darklorddc posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 6:20 AM

I might have to check that out. But I'd need it to be able to go from M4 to V4. So far the things I've tried for that haven't worked too well.
However, it looks really useful for a few other items I own.