Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Venitian Fountain (Wings3D + 3D-Coat)

BlackHarmo opened this issue on Oct 29, 2009 ยท 10 posts

BlackHarmo posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 2:50 PM

I saw a nice little interior fountain today, here's what I remember of it...

first image : Quick and dirty paper sketch, with the flawed perspective and all, drawn before some details slip from my memory .

Anyway, it's a little project on the side, just to relax, from more the "serious" diving-suit stuff. :)

BlackHarmo posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 2:51 PM

second image : Modeling start, just a few min. ago, in wings3D. The main reservoir (not sure about the adequat english term here, for a fountain).

BlackHarmo posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 2:52 PM

and third : Playing in 3D-coat, which I'm still learning. Not a satisfying result to say the least, but educational.

EnglishBob posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 4:22 AM

If there's a special word for the lower part of a fountain, I haven't heard it. I've heard it referred to most often as a basin, but reservoir will do just fine.

I like the gargoyle, although I admit it doesn't look much like your sketch. :-) Keep up the good work, anyway. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

airflamesred posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 6:49 AM

I like that gargoyle

Daidalos posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 3:06 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the gargoyle.

"The Blood is the life!"

markschum posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 10:48 PM

In the trade here the bottom bowl is a basin or bowl depending on its shape, and a spill bowl if it has water flowing over the edge.

Ithought the sketch looked like a lion head , but that might be my expectation for fountain figures. :)

Its a great start whatever it is .

kenmo posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 2:07 PM

Very nice wip...please keep us posted on it's progress....

Daidalos posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 1:12 AM

Yeah I'd like to see the finished one too.

D.

"The Blood is the life!"

Dann-O posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 8:04 PM

3D coat hmm interesting wanted to get into a sculpting app.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.