Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do i add a new hip 2 V4?

shedofjoy opened this issue on Nov 04, 2009 · 4 posts

shedofjoy posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 10:05 AM

I have created a new hip with added polys(not in any areas where they are connected ie thigh etc) how do i replace the old V4 hip with the new one without upsetting the Material zones and the vertice order, as i have had mixed success, sometimes it ruins the material zones on the rest ov V4, or the vertice order is off so that i cannot add existing morphs to the other body parts.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

markschum posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 10:30 AM

I would be inclined to make it a conforming figure and simply hide the original hip. Otherwise use the alternate geometry feature. I have not tried that for the hip though only hands and feet .

hborre posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 10:39 AM

Hip replacement at such a young age!

Tashar59 posted Thu, 05 November 2009 at 2:56 AM

Simple.

I take it you had zeroed your figure first before you made your new hip.
1-Load your figure.
2-Import your new hip. ( if everything was zeroed first it should line up.)
3-Export your figure without the old hip and with the new hip. ( selections in export herichy file.)As a Wave front object with everything checked in export options except as morph target. With a new name such as V4_New_Hip.
4-Place that new .obj in what ever file you want but as long as you have renamed it. It can go into the same geometery folder as the original figure's.
5-Open the original figures Cr2 with notepad or what ever Cr2 edit app you have. Replace the figure's .obj with the new versions in both/ that is 2 path lines. located at the early stages of the Cr2. You may need to change the path also if you put the new .obj somewhere else.
6-Save the new Cr2 with a new name. Very important step because you don't want to over-write your original Cr2. Not a good thing.

That's it. It should all load and work as the original figure.

If you need more help IM me and I'll walk you though it.