Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can't get winzip to extract into Poser 8

julesart opened this issue on Dec 10, 2009 · 9 posts

julesart posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 7:53 PM

I can't get winzip 14 to extract into Poser 8.  I am running Windows 7 64 bit and when I try to use Winzip I get a message stating access is denied Unable to create directory C:Program Files(x86)Smith MicroPoser 8Runtime...etc.  I don't know what to do at this point and I have to get this resolved.  Does anyone have any idea?  This is a new system I am using.  Poser 8 seems to be working just fine.  I just can't get content from zip files into it!  Thank you for your reply and any help you can provide.
Jules

vholf posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 8:07 PM

In Windows 7 you are not allowed to write anything in the Program Files folder, or any folder under C:

You can:

1.- Give Poser's runtime folder the proper permissions.
2.- Create an external runtime outside C: and import it into poser (What I use)
3.- Disable windows UAC (personally, I don't recomend this)

Depending on what do you think it's best for you we can elaborate from there.

julesart posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 8:46 PM

How do I give the runtime proper permissions?  Thanks for replying. :)

vholf posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 8:56 PM

Attached Link: Source

You are welcome =)

Now:**

1.** Locate the folder on which you want to take ownership in windows explorer (That would be C:Program Files(x86)Smith MicroPoser 8Runtime)

2. Right click on file or folder and select “Properties” from Context Menu

3. Click on Edit button in Properties windows Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.

4. Select Users from permission windows or click add to add other user or group.

5. Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions to Administrators group.

6. Click Ok for changes to take effect and click ok final ok to exit from Properties window.

From then on you should be able to write to the runtime folder, let me know how it goes.

julesart posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 9:22 PM

O:k, I got it to work but now I get a message saying:
Access denied
C:Program Files(x86)Smith MicroPoser 8Renderosity license.txt.
Administrative Privileges required.
I followed your steps and It got the bar of WinZip going until it stopped and gave me this error.  I checked Poser, tested what I had installed and most of it was there but it was looking for files.  WinZip did not finish installation.  What do I do now?

vholf posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 9:28 PM

Let's see, repeat the process but now with C:Program Files(x86)Smith MicroPoser 8

Then try winzip again.

julesart posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 9:40 PM

Thank you so very much!  I think that did it.  May all your wishes and dreams become reality.  If you believe in God may he bless you always!  I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
Hugz,
Jules

vholf posted Thu, 10 December 2009 at 10:09 PM

You're welcome Jules, I'm glad it worked =D

mrestey posted Thu, 31 December 2009 at 11:34 PM

Hello Hioushi.

Thank you for the tips above. I too am running Windows 7 64 (Professional) and have had the same problem. I followed your instructions and this time did not get the message saying that the program might not have installed correctly but I still do not see V4 when I open Poser 8.
I did not have this problem when installing Vicky 4 into P8 under Win XP.
According to DAZ, Vicky HAS to be installed into the Poser main directory to work - and from experience I would tend to agree with that - otherwise I would just install her into one of my many other runtimes.
Also, I see the DAZ folder in the Poser runtime and V4 is there but when running Poser she is not available in my libraries.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike