Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Installing Poser 6 into a Window 7 PC

majikart opened this issue on Dec 30, 2009 · 4 posts

majikart posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 12:46 PM

I had a new faster and more powerful PC built and it has Windows 7 Professional; I tried installing Poser 6 into the new PC but a little window pops up saying that it has to be 'Elevated' and it wont install the Poser 6 program; Is'nt XP compatible suppose to pop in and help me Install Poser 6,How Do I install Poser 6 into a Windows 7 PC???

hborre posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 12:52 PM

If you are trying to install into 'Program Files' folder, you may not have the necesary security administrative authorizations.  Make your change in UAC or install Poser 6 into it's own folder on the root drive.  XP compatibility to emulate conditions for running the application , not install it.

majikart posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 3:57 PM

Quote - If you are trying to install into 'Program Files' folder, you may not have the necesary security administrative authorizations.  Make your change in UAC or install Poser 6 into it's own folder on the root drive.  XP compatibility to emulate conditions for running the application , not install it.

I made an error mentioning which poser program that I have, It's Poser 7, not 6, does the above advice Still apply???
   Also, I was thinking of going ahead and upgrading to Poser 8,Have you heard any criticisom, complaints or any issues enough to rethink upgrading to 8??? Thanks And I want to wish everyone a Happy Prosperous 2010.

Khai-J-Bach posted Wed, 30 December 2009 at 4:20 PM

yes same advice, also right click the installer and 'Run as administrator'