Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: texture problems importing from Hexagon into p7

wushen opened this issue on Jan 09, 2010 · 4 posts

wushen posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 4:52 AM

hi,

I, also posted this in the Hexagon Forum, anyway...modeling clothes/ props in hex, I often have texturing issues after importing to poser7...I usually assign materials in poser (by shape, sometimes adding new material groups) When I assign a texture in poser it will adopt the average color (lacking texture) and will not accept bump/trans maps (it does this to the appropriate material zone) I prefer to save as obj. in Hex but the problem happens with with every importable format. It doesn't always happen but I cannot pinpoint the workable combination of parameters. I suspect I have a setting wrong in the; "save" (in Hex) or "import" in poser, parameters. I'm pretty sure, I've tried every combo, but haven't found the fix. I dont have texture problems importing to vue, this is fine for set pieces, but doesn't help with clothing. I haven't been able to figure out the material functions in Hex (as DAZ doesn't really support it and I may still have problems on import) so, I'd prefer to fix my process rather than figure out a new one. This seems to be a newer problem, so I may just need a reinstall. I wonder if anyone else has gotten around these issues, or knows the best "save in Hex"/ "import in Poser" settings. I appreciate any help offered.

I'm using XPpro64 (never having problems with these programs) a 512 mb Nvidia9600, 8G RAM, Core2Quad

markschum posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 9:09 AM

Poser for textures beyond a basic color requires the object be UV mapped.  You should be able to map in Hex , or use another application like UVMapper which is available free. (the base version)

pakled posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 10:37 AM

Having been uvmapping in Wings for some time, I've found that Hex's UVMapping to be...uh...a challenge...;)

Even importing Hex objects into Wings has seen zones go nutso, but I'm sure it comes with time. I just ain't there yet...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Gwynplaine posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 1:18 PM

Hi Wushen,

Set up material zones in Hex, if you're only going to use Poser Materials on your objects then a material zone should be all you need to do.

If you're going to use textures and image maps though, you have to UV map the material zones in Hex or UV mapper or something.

http://www.geekatplay.com/hexagontutorials/index1.php

There's a couple of tutorials on this page for UV Mapping in Hex.