Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: texture problems importing from Hexagon into p7

wushen opened this issue on Jan 09, 2010 · 4 posts

wushen posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 4:52 AM

hi,

I, also posted this in the Hexagon Forum, anyway...modeling clothes/ props in hex, I often have texturing issues after importing to poser7...I usually assign materials in poser (by shape, sometimes adding new material groups) When I assign a texture in poser it will adopt the average color (lacking texture) and will not accept bump/trans maps (it does this to the appropriate material zone) I prefer to save as obj. in Hex but the problem happens with with every importable format. It doesn't always happen but I cannot pinpoint the workable combination of parameters. I suspect I have a setting wrong in the; "save" (in Hex) or "import" in poser, parameters. I'm pretty sure, I've tried every combo, but haven't found the fix. I dont have texture problems importing to vue, this is fine for set pieces, but doesn't help with clothing. I haven't been able to figure out the material functions in Hex (as DAZ doesn't really support it and I may still have problems on import) so, I'd prefer to fix my process rather than figure out a new one. This seems to be a newer problem, so I may just need a reinstall. I wonder if anyone else has gotten around these issues, or knows the best "save in Hex"/ "import in Poser" settings. I appreciate any help offered.

I'm using XPpro64 (never having problems with these programs) a 512 mb Nvidia9600, 8G RAM, Core2Quad