Forum: Bryce

Subject: Convert an OBP to an OBJ?

Enivob opened this issue on Jan 11, 2010 ยท 7 posts

Enivob posted Mon, 11 January 2010 at 9:40 PM

I can't get any OBP files to show up in my Bryce 6 preset manager, all I have are black squares. Is there any other program that will convert an OBP file to an OBJ?

Thanks

pakled posted Mon, 11 January 2010 at 9:59 PM

obp files are unique to Bryce. The laters versions (5 and up) can convert obp to obj, but if you're in Bryce, you shouldn't have to convert them....

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TheBryster posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 6:59 AM Forum Moderator

How many objs do you have in your presets? Sometimes the catalogue goes wrong if you have too many.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

SndCastie posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 10:17 PM

1.which version of bryce are you running?

If 6.0 or 6.1 the content is separate and needs to be installed.

If 6.3 then try reinstalling it.

1. are you trying to import them and they aren't showing?

a little more information would help.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

erosiaart posted Thu, 14 January 2010 at 6:53 AM

enivob..that happened to me once. had no idea why. I did the silly thing of just re-installing bryce.. yes.. I lost all that I had imported..sadly.. but luckily.. I had saved files of the obps..so.. I have started from scratch... adding obp's as i use them now..still re building up my catalog.

brycers.. it just happened..no idea why. I imported them thru the obp preset manager as usual. save them..and all I got was black squares. Even the presets showed up as black squares. it was strange..

erosiaart posted Thu, 14 January 2010 at 6:54 AM

oh..and I have a 6.1 version

Enivob posted Tue, 26 January 2010 at 1:22 PM

Yeah, my entire manager is blank even though there are files in the preset folder. I think I'll try the reinstall.

Thanks for the replies.