Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser to Pakled: My Brain is Full!...;)

pakled opened this issue on Feb 10, 2010 · 9 posts

pakled posted Wed, 10 February 2010 at 9:48 PM

Well, I guess this happens to all of us, sooner or later. After adding about 100 meg a month (easier than you think, boyos...;) I'm finally at the stage where Poser is starting to 'flake out'; adding an item in a picture seems to lock Poser up, so I'm having to 'save early and often'.

And some of it's a bit silly; loading P6 or P7 materials into P5 (news flash; they don't work), items that require injections, textures for things I don't have, etc. Heck, the database I made shows over 21,000 (20,000 of them hair colors...just kidding...;)  items loaded into Poser, and I'm about 2 months behind...;)

So...I'm wondering, I think I can delete some of the items without causing Poser distress, but I think they still show up in the listings. Is there a way to flush out some of this stuff and make Poser a bit leaner. Is there a way to make Poser look for less?

I did get some memory for Christmas, so I'm at 4 gig with plenty of Hard drive space, etc. I'm going to check the page file, but I think there's more to it than that.

And before you ask; I'm broke, so I can't afford to get a later version of Poser (would that I could...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)