Forum: Vue

Subject: Are there any plans about a new Ozone version?

Singular3D opened this issue on Feb 12, 2010 · 5 posts

Singular3D posted Fri, 12 February 2010 at 9:44 AM

It is stated, that with Vue 8 an improved atmosphere system will be available. So I assume that Ozone could benefit from that. Is there any new version planned?

spedler posted Fri, 12 February 2010 at 11:39 AM

If there is, there's no news on the e-on web site that I can see.

I don't think I'd buy a new version anyway. Not that it doesn't produce good results - it can and does - but I bought Ozone 4 back in May last year. Cinema 4D release 11.5 came out in September and Ozone won't work with it. There hasn't been any indication from e-on about upgrading it to work with the latest Cinema since then. Sure, they've been busy with Vue 8, but Cinema R12 will probably be out in 7-8 months given the usual release cycle from Maxon, and if Ozone 5 stopped working with that release I'd have bought two versions of Ozone for a few months use out of each one. Not getting caught that way again.

Steve

Singular3D posted Sat, 13 February 2010 at 5:17 AM

Thanks for this valuable hint. I use Cinema 4D R11 at the moment, but plan to upgrade to R11.5 next month. Tested Ozone 4 and found it quite nice, but there seems to be no need to get it, till I can't use it next month any more. That's too bad. I assume that Vue 8 xStream will work, unfortunately it's too expensive, just for an atmosphere.

impish posted Mon, 15 February 2010 at 7:55 AM

E-on's press release around October 13th 2009 mentions Ozone 5 to follow on at some point from the Vue 8 release.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Singular3D posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 11:28 AM

Thanks a lot. Seems I have to wait..