Forum: Vue

Subject: Animated vobs

redtrek opened this issue on Mar 23, 2010 · 5 posts

redtrek posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 4:59 PM

Hi,

I've been working on creating an animated Enterprise for some small animations.  Most of the models I've imported do not have usable (in Vue anyway) bussard objects for lighting and movement animation.  I spent several hours creating an animated Vue object, testing the lighting, and the rotation of the blades, trying to get the right look.  However, when I load the saved Vob into a new scene to  add it to the ship model, evrything kind of flys apart when I try to run the animation preview.  Does anyone know what setting I need to apply either to the Vob itself, or when I load it into a new scene, so that all the effects stay with the center of the object.?

On a similar note, there's a great model by Dennis Bailey of the Enterprise in Blender, but I haven't been able to find the right export settings to get it to import into Vue.  I printed out a short Obj export tutorial online (for Blender), but the settings still do not seem to allow Vue to import the object.  I'm still using Vue Esprit 6---I've had luck in the past using Vue 5 to import (then save the vob for Vue 6), but no luck with this particular model.

thanks