Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PoserPro2010 Assessment and glitch?

JAG opened this issue on Mar 26, 2010 · 25 posts

JAG posted Fri, 26 March 2010 at 7:16 PM

Okay, I must say I thoroughly despised Poser 8 and was one of the big complainers about it.  But Poser Pro 2010 has corrected a lot of the things I hated about P8.  Things that are now awesome:

1. Full Body Morphs.  Still a bit of beeyoch to use Zbrush the way  I want to...but by george, it works now and that's the greatest improvement.
  2. Also I can straight to zBrush export now and reimport back.  Fantastic.
  3. Also the Firefly speed is seemingly  a bit faster. 
  4. The ability to float my panels is much better too...it makes using the workspace a lot easier.
  5. They've also given us the ability to change the runtime/content selection area and float it and the thumbnails are back!  YAY!

All in all, I am saying this one is worth the upgrade.  I am officially eating my crow from my rant on P8.  SM apparently got their act together this time and listened to those of us who complained and for that I'm grateful and excited.

The only problem I've run across is a strange, and for no reason, CRASH that keeps occurring.  Sometimes it's when loading a file...sometimes while it's just sitting idle.  But for some reason the booger just randomly crashes.

Smith has no updaters yet and I'm wondering if they're aware of the issue yet.  Anybody else having similar issue?