Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help me please

eaglecop opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 12 posts

eaglecop posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 6:10 PM

How can I put this shirt (which was taken with a Digital Camera)on a poser 4 model? This is for a website I am working on. Thanks in advance

Helen posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 6:31 PM

Save the shirt as a map file... shirt.jpg Make a transparency map.. Make the shirt part white and the rest black.. In poser use the square prop (Prop Types) and set the transparency max to 100% Use the shirt.jpg and your shirt transparency map on the square prop.. Position this in front of your figure... Just move it around until you have it in the right location. You will have to pose your figure the same as the shirt is with the arms at the side for this method to work.. when rendered it will appear as if your charact is wearing the shirt.. While puting the square into postition it might help to cut the transparency back so you can see what your doing then reset it to 100%

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

TygerCub posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 6:32 PM

You have a good start. I would recommend the following: 1) create a transparency map for this image using your art program (photoshop, etc) 2) then place the transparency & this image on a square in Poser. 3) arrange model to fit the shirt & set lights to match shirt's lighting 4) add pants to the model 5) remove the square with the shirt & save the image of the poser figure (sans shirt) for import into your art program (note: this step helps keep everything on a flat plane.) 6) using layers, place the shirt back over the imported image of the poser model. Touch up as you like, add backgrounds, text, etc. There ya go! Looks like a lot of steps, but it isn't.

Helen posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 6:34 PM

I like your idea TygerCub. Never thought to do that.

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

eaglecop posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 8:10 PM

When you say "2) then place the transparency & this image on a square in Poser." you mean on a model right? This is what I have so far (the transparency is set at 50%) Again thanks in advance

eaglecop posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 8:19 PM

I am sorry to say I am not sure how to "place the transparency & this image on a square in Poser." Please explain how.

Helen posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 8:33 PM

Go into the materials editor just as you would when applying a texture to a figure.. Select the square.. from the dropdown menu top left. Apply both the texture and transparency as you would to for example hair.

eaglecop posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 8:52 PM

Do I need to put the shirt.jpg and the transparency on two separate squares?

Helen posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 9:12 PM

You go into the material editor. Select the square from the OBJECT drop down box... In the box that says TEXTURE MAP put your picture of the shirt.. In the box at the bottom on the right that says TRANSPAENCY MAP you put your black and white image that you made. Up the top are some sliders... You set the TRANSPARENCY MAX to 100% When you go back to the scene the square will look invisible.. That is normal.. When you do the render it will show up.. You could do as TygerCub suggested and just use the square to get the figure posed right then place the shirt over you image once you have it in a 2D program...

TygerCub posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 9:14 PM

Sorry... here's the first of many screens. I'm tired, bare with me. These are the places you need to pay attention to: 1) set material to whatever you saved your image as 2) set your transparency map here 3) set transparency to 100%

TygerCub posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 9:15 PM

Here's a quick render I did using this technique. Beware you will have to do post work in Adobe Photoshop or some other art program that allows multiple layers. This is because there will be some deforming of the man to get his figure to match yours. Also be aware I set my figure's forearms and upper arms to invisible.

TygerCub posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 9:24 PM

Okay, and last, but not least, here are the settings to use when "placing" your square. I used a one-sided square and (as you can see) have not scaled the shirt yet. But while the Y coordinates may need adjusting, the X & Z are good. I'm beat. Gotta go to bed. I hope this helped you! TygerCub