Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic clohes running thread...

LaurieA opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 181 posts

LaurieA posted Sun, 02 May 2010 at 8:02 PM

IS there one? Is there even any interest? If there isn't , too bad, cause I'm gonna start one...lol.

As you may or may not know, I've recently learned a few meager modeling skills with which I apply mostly to dynamic clothes as of late. Anyway, I'm no cloth dynamics guru by any stretch of the imagination - I'm definitely not dynamic cloth's answer to bagginsbill's shader genious...lol. What I would like though, are any thoughts, tips, suggestions - anything really on your experience with dynamic cloth. There's so little information on it, even still. I know there are quite a few of you out there who use it, some more of you who model it. I'd like to pick the brains of anyone who knows about it so that my models get better and better ;o). It will benefit the community as a whole as I normally give away the lion's share of what I make. I have no aspirations of becoming rich at making Poser content (even if I were the world's most capable modeler I don't think I could do that...lol).

Anyway, what do ya say? World's longest dynamic cloth thread? ;o).

I'll start...

I made this dress for Eepo. It has a row of buttons down the back. In this render, the buttons are in a soft decorated group, but obviously, I'd rather have them stay rigid. But when I put them in a rigid group, they do odd things. Sometimes, depending on the pose, the mesh even explodes at the buttons if I put them in a rigid group. So, what would you suggest? Leave them in a soft decorated group since they're small? The bodice they are sitting on is in a constrained group, btw. I made it so that there is dress underneath that bodice so that the bodice and buttons could be hidden for just a straight, smooth dress.

Laurie