Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser memory leak? crash

stimuli opened this issue on May 02, 2010 · 15 posts

stimuli posted Sun, 02 May 2010 at 8:47 PM

Hello.
I'm a long time Poser user but recently something started happening that has never happened before.

In Poser 7 and Poser 8 pro when I attempt to create a preview movie of an animation (using the preview render option) my memory usage begins to skyrocket until it reaches the limit of my machine's ram and Poser crashes before the video is completed. This happens in a matter of a few seconds and does not seem to be effected by the content of the scene or what Poser file I have open.

The weird thing is, if I open the same poser file (or any other poser file) in Poser 6 and create a preview movie, it works just fine with little or no increase in memory usage.

I have never seen this happen before and I have not recently changed any settings in Poser 6, 7 or 8 Pro.
I have tried re-installing Poser 7 and Poser 8 pro with all service packs and even tried clearing out my computer back to factory state but the problem still occurs in P7 and P8 pro only.

This is a problem I very much need to fix as making preview movies is integral to the animation process in Poser.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

thank you,
stimuli