Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Stephanie 4 out..DAZ

thefixer opened this issue on Jun 24, 2010 · 198 posts

thefixer posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 3:22 PM

Another new figure to spend on, TBH I'm getting a bit fed up of all these figures, there's way too many now.
I think I'll pass on this one, spend my cah on something else for a change, more beer maybe..LOL.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stallion posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 3:34 PM

someone said it was S4 when they updated the v4 and m4 downloads earlier this week
i will download the free version then wait for their sales to get content but i have so many characters now i rarely use most of them

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

ksanderson posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 4:17 PM

Lots of content already and very affordable if you belong to the Platinum Club and get one of the packs. But I probably won't be able to buy anything until just under the wire. I do like her height and the ability to work with the other V4 stuff already around.

Netherworks posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 4:48 PM

Quote - Another new figure to spend on, TBH I'm getting a bit fed up of all these figures, there's way too many now.
I think I'll pass on this one, spend my cah on something else for a change, more beer maybe..LOL.

It looks like the Stephanie 4 elite shapes are free.  I don't see any very specific Stephanie 4 content, like extra morphs that have to be purchased.  Kinda strange?  There are some outfits and hair also offered but it looks like they could be for V4, regardless if you had S4 or not.

Well, expires 2019, so you have time :D

LaurieA posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 4:51 PM

Is it me...

Or does she look even more fake in the face than V4 even? Yeah, the body is better, but it's only what V4 should have been... And still - the f'd up armpits...shakes head.

She's also got that somewhat "creepy" look that I saw in the Kids4 when I first saw them. I can't put my finger on it ;o).

Laurie

jt411 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 4:56 PM

Before I install her, does anybody know if I need an updated to V4.2? There's nothing in my downloads.

ice-boy posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:00 PM

Quote - Is it me...

Or does she look even more fake in the face than V4 even? Yeah, the body is better, but it's only what V4 should have been... And still - the f'd up armpits...shakes head.

She's also got that somewhat "creepy" look that I saw in the Kids4 when I first saw them. I can't put my finger on it ;o).

Laurie

i agree with this.

i dont know if this is supposed to be an expensive joke or what? S4 looks  fake.

ksanderson posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:22 PM

I could be wrong, but the way I read it in the Members Forum, you could mix and match since it's all the same family now. Steve Kondris called S4 a "variety pack" for all the V4, A4, G4 and V4 Elite and V4++ morphs.

Use the Stephanie 4 Elite morphs with V4 character morphs if you like or the Aiko 4 morphs... the same goes for clothes and textures. They are all sisters. They probably had to keep the bad armpits so all the V4 stuff would work with it. There will probably be a fix for it here or maybe the V4 armpit fix morph sold here will work with S4E, too.

SamTherapy posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:28 PM

?

The model is free, ffs.  What's not to like about free stuff? 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:29 PM

Quote - ...There will probably be a fix for it here or maybe the V4 armpit fix morph sold here will work with S4E, too.

Well, my point kinda was that if the armpits still need fixed on a "finished" figure, then the figure "isn't finished"...lol.

Laurie

ksanderson posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:31 PM

V4 was definitely not finished. :)

LaurieA posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:33 PM

Quote - ?

Yep, the model is free. I don't have a problem with free stuff at all ;o). But I knew the day the base models were all free that the quality would suffer. And I was right. All reworks of the same mesh...over and over and over and over...ad nauseum.

I didn't mind paying for them actually. I wanted a quality product for my money. So now, since they're free, it's okay that they suck? Well sure, cause they're free. ???

Laurie

pjz99 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:51 PM

Well holy crap, only took them what, 4 years?  And dead last behind every other flagship figure.  Wonder if they did it with bone scaling or with an adjusted mesh and rig, off to download.

My Freebies

SamTherapy posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 5:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - ?

Yep, the model is free. I don't have a problem with free stuff at all ;o). But I knew the day the base models were all free that the quality would suffer. And I was right. All reworks of the same mesh...over and over and over and over...ad nauseum.

I didn't mind paying for them actually. I wanted a quality product for my money. So now, since they're free, it's okay that they suck? Well sure, cause they're free. ???

Laurie

DAZ have almost always reworked their old meshes...

Victoria 2 was a rework of Victoria 1, Steph was a rework of Mike 2, who was a rework of Mike 1, V3 was a rework of V2 and all the other gen 3 figures were reworks of V3.  At one time all these models were paid for.

In all probability, V1 is based on Posette, too.

My Store

My Gallery

pjz99 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 6:02 PM

bone scaling everywhere
i.e. useless in Poser

thanks DAZ

My Freebies

LaurieA posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 6:08 PM

Quote - bone scaling everywhere
i.e. useless in Poser

thanks DAZ

LMAO!!!

Laurie

pjz99 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 7:09 PM

I take that back, it looks like they were careful to only scale the BODY (down to 90%) and the Thighs and Shins (95% each), on all three axes, so conformers actually pose correctly once they are scaled appropriately.  Even shoes and leggings, a bit surprised about that.  Tentative thumbs up.

Some of the morphs are pretty nice too.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 7:17 PM

Some fit examples, posed (this is about the most complicated tight-fitting garment I can come up with)

My Freebies

My Freebies

& so

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 7:21 PM

la

My Freebies

Darboshanski posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 7:25 PM

I think S4's head is kinda big.

My Facebook Page

LostinSpaceman posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 7:25 PM

Well she's free so I downloaded her. I won't be buying any addons though. I haven't used V4 in a render since Lassie of the Seas came out.

pjz99 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 7:26 PM

PS the HeadSize morphform is dialed to -0.1 (+10%) to offset the body scaling -10%.

Quote - I think S4's head is kinda big.

Her head is the same size as V4's head (which is pretty small, proportionally) so I don't mind this.  You can just mess with the HeadSize dial if it bugs you, that's all that is going on behind the scenes.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 8:53 PM

Okay I am fairly pleased, as long as I can get conformers to fit on her.  I wish the default morph and proportions were a bit closer to this though (still a lot of work to get the breasts to look kinda-normal).  They added a morph for the front of the hip that makes it look a LOT closer to normal (rather than that very intense W shape the default has).

There are some nice faces in there, although the eyes are mostly very tilted.

My Freebies

LaurieA posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 9:21 PM

Wow, she looks almost human. I like you're version much better than the promos at Daz ;o).

Laurie

KimberlyC posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 9:42 PM

Very nice pjz.

I'm going to wait a little bit myself. I would like to see what products will be made for her before I decide to download.  :)

Darboshanski posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quote - Okay I am fairly pleased, as long as I can get conformers to fit on her.  I wish the default morph and proportions were a bit closer to this though (still a lot of work to get the breasts to look kinda-normal).  They added a morph for the front of the hip that makes it look a LOT closer to normal (rather than that very intense W shape the default has).

There are some nice faces in there, although the eyes are mostly very tilted.

Excellent! Yes I know I said something about her head but when you start adding some of the V4 morphs you can get her to look pretty good. Also like you as long as I can get most of the conforming clothes scaled down to fit her I like what I see. I am waiting for evilinnocence to update XD with a S4 setting.

My Facebook Page

Latexluv posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 10:12 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not very impressed. I only got the free base, so I can't complain about price. However I had difficulty with the Stephany morph which seems to pull the face downward without bringing the eyes along with it. On my render, the Steph face is dialed to .480 which unfortunately still gives her "laugh lines" at the corners of her eyes that I don't like. The Steph body morph however is at the 1.00 she loaded up at. I did not have to scale the clothes that I conformed to her.

P.S.
Pjz99, I absolutely LOVE that costume you showed in your demos!!!!!!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

RobynsVeil posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 10:42 PM

I'm impressed with your render, Paul... you've always favoured the Stephs, haven't you? Agreeing with Laurie: she does look quite human-ish... very nice work!

So, fitting V4 clothing will just be a matter of scaling down to what 94%? Sounds ideal!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 2:03 AM

Quote - However I had difficulty with the Stephany morph which seems to pull the face downward without bringing the eyes along with it.

Something is wrong then, for me the eyes behaved OK in all morphs (I actually looked at them all at 1).  Did you run the updater?

The face morphs are in general pretty intense, which is good and bad.  I wouldn't use any of them at 1.0 but I'd mix them up with other stuff.  Seems like the mouth usually has a bit of a smile in most of the head morphs though, that's a bit of a nuisance.

Quote - Pjz99, I absolutely LOVE that costume you showed in your demos!!!!!!

Thanks, that's an outfit of mine called Arcane Edge.  Glad you like it :)

I liked Stephanie 3's body a lot but wow, the head was terrible.  Very hard to un-Stephanie.  My main problem with V4 has always been the huge breasts and the super-tall proportions - not that they're necessarily wrong, just "really really unusual".  I really wish DAZ had taken the time to give you a different base OBJ for S4 instead of these very extreme morphs, you're still stuck with modeling around the original V4 shape and then trying to morph any conformers to fit the S4 body - so you won't be seeing much complex clothing that really fits those morphs all that well, because they're pretty extreme.

My Freebies

ice-boy posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 2:05 AM

what Daz is doing is an insult to promotion.

Pjz99 and Latexluv made 100 times better renders for promotion. if Daz is smart they will use your renders. because your renders make it look like normal figures.

the lighting in DAZ is also a joke. its 2010 and they use the same style like 5 years ago.

come on.

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 2:06 AM

I should point out that if you already own and use V4, the free S4 download is a great addition just for the morphs, even if you never use the scaling aspects.  Sadly DAZ didn't include any INJ/REM poses (so sloppy).

Quote - Pjz99 and Latexluv made 100 times better renders for promotion.

Flattering to hear, thanks :)

My Freebies

ShaaraMuse3D posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 2:44 AM

I think she looks kind of nice.. :) I will get her just for the morphs..  All my dynamic clothes will still work out for her, as long as the calculation begins with v4's standard. :)   Most hairs will be easy to convert to with MorCloth..

Although I have to admit I didn't like the promo renders at Daz at all.. She looked... weird.  The images posted in this thread were waay better, like others already pointed out. :)

3anson posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 2:59 AM

i think she looks quite good really

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 3:26 AM

Yeah I'm fairly pleased, they added some nice morphs - not everything works together all that well but overall this is a pretty good expansion.

My Freebies

kobaltkween posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 4:42 AM

can someone clarify:  is she just a morph like the previous version 4 "figures'? so she's a V4 add-on?  i just spent a day or so loading up my V4 so i don't have to bog my poor main runtime down with tons and tons of content, so i'd like to know if that work is essentially shot if i want to incorporate S4 morphs.

ShaaraMuse3D posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 4:47 AM

Yeah it's an addon. I just got it. :)

It's got some really nice morphs that work on parts that weren't adjustable before.. 

I love the new morphs for the shoulderblades, ribcage and chest shape. Got some really nice new morphs for the hips, legs and butttocks too

Also found a whole bunch of new base expressions along with the faces, which is really nice!
Also came with some new height morphs, but unfortutunately they aren't "regular" morphs, so they aren't available in morcloth and so on, which kind of sucks.. I've always wanted a good, solid height morph that can be applied on clothes too.. Oh well.

It's free, and definitely worth installing. 

kobaltkween posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 4:56 AM

ooooo.  i'm not sure it's compatible with Morphia anyway.  this is a big PITA.  maybe i can just make a new character file by hand.

ShaaraMuse3D posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 4:58 AM

What's morphia?

Fugazi1968 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 5:22 AM

It's a common disease contracted by Poser users.  Something like RSI, caused by spending too much time twiddling dials and rotating cameras ;p

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

kobaltkween posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 5:34 AM

Capsces' morph set for V4.  they're in a certain set of channels.  Alice, for instance, blasts everything out of all the built-in add-on channels.  if S4 is a morph, V4 needs an update for the additional channels.  but Morphia is it's own character with the Capsces morphs and the channels for the regular V4 morphs. 

i'm not sure quite how it worked when i got my other morphs, because i re-downloaded a lot of stuff, reinstalled a lot of stuff, edited a lot of files by hand, and generally made a whole bunch of changes to make my loaded V4 character.  she includes Morphia, the Elite morphs, Muscle, She-Freak, A4, G4, Creature Creator, Morphs++, corvas' shoulder fix, NGM, NGM Petite, and other assorted morphs i've acquired with characters.  for me, it's easier to dial what i want, then run svdl's morph stripper than to inject what i want to begin with. i always want the full palette anyway.  

i'd include Alice if i could figure out a way to add hidden channels to V4  for her.  it would be simple to rename the prefix on her injection poses, and her morphs are actually embedded in the poses.  if i could figure out how to hack V4, i'd be set.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.  i might be able to integrate my loaded figure and S4 with Notepad++.  i'm pretty sure it can do a text file comparison. i might be able to merge differences sort of thing with it.

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 5:50 AM

That can probably be done without too much trouble.  Unfortunately I don't own Alice (never was interested) so I can't help you with what steps to take, maybe someone who does can give you a hand.

You people editing large Poser files with flat text editors, holy shit you must have a lot of time on your hands/excess sanity you don't want.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 5:51 AM

In the next day or two I'll give out some "by groups" INJ/REM poses for the S4 morphs, since DAZ was too lazy to do them this round.

My Freebies

kobaltkween posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 6:11 AM

actually, text editors have a lot of power.  i can do stuff in CR2 Editor, but frankly that's only useful when i need to look up stuff and know what it's doing.  it's not nearly as powerful for serious global  changes.  for instance, once i knew what channels certain custom morphs were using, i replaced them for all the injection morphs in their little directories in the libraries folder.  for certain sets, that was a few hundred changes per file for 6 or more files.  even with global replace in a Poser file editor, it's much quicker to do a whole directory as a batch.

and i haven't even used regular expressions on any files yet.  if Poser file editors support them and batch editing files, then that's great, but, well, Notepad++ is free and really easy.  it saved each search, so i could go back and see all the changes i made and how many.  just really clean and easy.

the difficult part was actually keeping track of what presets changes which dials in what body part and in what underlying channels.  oh, and that the script i downloaded to zero morphs is broken, and breaks the figure.  that took me ages to figure out because i only found out the figure was broken when i went to move the neck. 

a good text editor or versioning app can merge changes automatically.  no thought involved.

you don't need to know Alice, actually.  the issue is how to add any blank, empty, hidden channels and a visible channel group  to any cr2.  sort of like how V4 base was updated for S4. i can automatically name the Alice channels anything i want.  that's pretty simple.  the issue is making a figure that has channels to accept the morphs.

witchdidi posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 9:58 AM

Quote - ooooo.  i'm not sure it's compatible with Morphia anyway.  this is a big PITA.  maybe i can just make a new character file by hand.

I just tried and it is compatible with Morphia though I haven't tried Alice.

Be mad...until proven genius.

Sitting quietly in the corner does not make one the class fool.

- Didi

RDNA Store

kobaltkween posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 10:24 AM

thanks for the info!  did you have to update Morphia?

3DNeo posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 12:44 PM

It all depends on how you use the Daz mesh for how it looks. I usually do a LOT of re-working in ZB with custom sculpting to get the look I want. This works quite well for the Daz V4 mesh. I have not yet played with it in ZB but will at least take a look at the mesh design and post more opinions on it.

At first glance though, I must say it is really NOT impressive at all. In the face, it looks like it was done by a rank novice. I just don't like anything about the sculpt, it lacks much realism in my opinion. The head sculpt especially is just dreadful.

I sure hope this is not a trend for Daz as their recent figures just are not convincing at all for human realism. Anyone that has done sculpting in ZB can see the many flaws in them as well. You really have to work in ZB to get them to look good if you want something much better than just using the dials. All I can say is I hope V5 when it comes out is NOT based on anything remotely like the new Daz Kids or Stephanie 4.

Once I can work on the mesh some and see what they did I will post some more.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 1:11 PM

Huh, while I can understand if you don't like the aesthetics of the face morphs, they are not poorly crafted.  What's this "rank novice" stuff?  Practically nobody's Poser face morphs are at all realistic anyway, by themselves.

Quote - you don't need to know Alice, actually.  the issue is how to add any blank, empty, hidden channels and a visible channel group  to any cr2.

That's the excess sanity I guess you don't need - a good CR2 editor (I use Dimension3D's) makes this stuff trivial, and it does mass search/replace and batch editing.  Trying to keep track of crap like which channel name in a limb matches with which channel on the Body is just a lot of unnecessary mental stress.  Copying channels from one file to another is a visual drag/drop operation, stuff like that.  Ralf's editor has saved me hundreds of hours of work and immense amounts of frustration, it's the single most useful tool I've used for building Poser content outside of my modeler and Poser itself.

ps: all the scrolling, god how I don't miss that

My Freebies

kobaltkween posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 2:10 PM

no, i think you've misunderstood.  that wasn't a problem.  again, that sort of thing was really, really simple to do with search and replace.   like, literally 3 or so second's work each time.  i wasn't building, just editing.  much simpler.

what was a PITA to keep track of was what belonged to what.  Alice is a no brainer because she uses all the extra channels.  so without some sort of trick, she's won't play nice with others.  but NGM and NGM petite use a set that overlaps with the corvas shoulder fixes.  so i had to shift the shoulder fixes (iirc?  or was it the other way around?), and then keep everyone else off of all  those channels. 

it's not something that comes up if you either only use DAZ morphs or only use a couple of custom morphs. or even morphs that create their own channels on the fly.  but as soon as you use a lot of custom morphs at once, they start stepping on each other's toes.  and then the whole sets of files need editing.  which isn't a huge deal, but instead of the free-for-all created by the marketplace, i have to play traffic cop and create some order.  preferably an order that makes some kind of sense to me later.

as a for instance, i gave 10 community dials and 10 of the DAZ dials DAZ doesn't use to Rebelmommy morphs.  not all of them are filled, and maybe never will be, but i'm setting them aside just in case, because all of my Rebelmommy characters came with custom morphs.

it wasn't a technical problem.  not once i figured out what was happening, at least. it was a logistical one.

i did no scrolling whatsoever.  again, just search and replace batch edits.  really dead simple.  i don't think i needed to do anything remotely as complex as you do. 

that said, dealing with Alice is a technical issue.  without knowing some specifics, i can't really figure out a good way to do it.   oh!  that was the one time i did end up scrolling.  looking for the max number of community and daz channels.  frankly, i expected the information to be on her wiki, but no dice.   i couldn't find the information in the DAZ forums, either.  i was surprised, since it seemed like such a basic feature spec.

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 2:59 PM

Yeah that was the idea behind ExP (whoever actually innovated that, I don't think it was DAZ).  If you understand that structure of how DAZ gets their "updater" utility to read in new *.pz2 files and inserts them into a target CR2 then you could conceivably convert that stuff, I haven't looked at it since I have no use for it.  I'd suggest you PM Ralf and ask him if his utility can make this task easier, if you're not utterly against even thinking about it.  There's a lot of information that I'm totally not interested in reading myself about ExP here:
http://artzone.daz3d.com/wiki/doku.php/wiki/user/rbtwhiz/technotes/content/exp/start

If you're asking about the generic/community channels (not sure):  There are 50 "data" channels (PBMDC) and 50 "control" channels (PBMCC) in each body part except head/neck, which has 70 of each.  What do you want to do exactly?  It's sounding like you want to convert your set of morphs that live in these channels to unique/reserved internal names so you don't have to worry about that kind of conflict in the future?

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 3:01 PM

Oh, it turns out there are INJ/REM poses for the Stephanie 4 morphs, they're just in an odd location compared to previous V4 expansions:
PoseDAZ's Victoria 4Morph InjectionsStephanie 4

edit: correction, INJ only, no REM

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 3:30 PM

A little FYI for anyone interested in modding their rigs to support these scale changes automatically, don't use valueOpDeltaAdd, use valueOpTimes (multiply the figure's scale value times the conformer's scale value).

For each body part (including Body) where scaling is being done - which is Body, Thighs and Shins for the "petite" scale, but various others for some of the other scale settings - add the following chunk of parameters:

valueOpTimes
Figure 1
BODY:2  (or whatever current bodypart)
scale
deltaAddDelta 1

edit: oh neat, there is a feature in Poser 8 (presumably the new Poser Pro as well) "Include scales when conforming" that you just have to enable for the conforming figure, it seems - that sure saves a ton of work

My Freebies

SamTherapy posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 4:49 PM

Just installed S4.  Looks a damn sight better than V4, IMO.  Could well become a firm favourite with me. 

My Store

My Gallery

Marque posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 4:55 PM

Scaled down a V4 costume to 94% and it  doesn't fit S4, is there something I'm missing?
Thanks for the patience all.

Intense3D posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 5:48 PM

I don't scale the costume as such, just checking the box that says "include scales when conforming"

LaurieA posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quote - Scaled down a V4 costume to 94% and it  doesn't fit S4, is there something I'm missing?
Thanks for the patience all.

Try 89%

Laurie

LaurieA posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 5:56 PM

Quote - Just installed S4.  Looks a damn sight better than V4, IMO.  Could well become a firm favourite with me. 

I do agree with you there. She definitely looks better than V4 ;o).

Laurie

3DNeo posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 6:52 PM

Quote - Huh, while I can understand if you don't like the aesthetics of the face morphs, they are not poorly crafted.  What's this "rank novice" stuff?  Practically nobody's Poser face morphs are at all realistic anyway, by themselves.

Quote - you don't need to know Alice, actually.  the issue is how to add any blank, empty, hidden channels and a visible channel group  to any cr2.

That's the excess sanity I guess you don't need - a good CR2 editor (I use Dimension3D's) makes this stuff trivial, and it does mass search/replace and batch editing.  Trying to keep track of crap like which channel name in a limb matches with which channel on the Body is just a lot of unnecessary mental stress.  Copying channels from one file to another is a visual drag/drop operation, stuff like that.  Ralf's editor has saved me hundreds of hours of work and immense amounts of frustration, it's the single most useful tool I've used for building Poser content outside of my modeler and Poser itself.

ps: all the scrolling, god how I don't miss that

Actually, you can re-work a Daz mesh in ZB quite a bit and get some great realism. Take a look at the "Fygomatic" images to see how V4 heads can be very realistic.

What I am referring to is the actual sculpt of the mesh since it has a base on the V4. Anyone that knows how to sculpt will tell you there are many issues you have to work with when sculpting a Daz mesh. It is easy to see the flaws and how it is not a very good sculpt. The S4 morphs just are not convincing and it is clear it is not a very professional job. Since I have started to really get into ZB and sculpting if you know what to look for you can see these issues clearly and why many professionals like to make their own figures. Yes, Daz does have a LOT of content which is why many people use them, but they REALLY need to get some better talent to do these sculpts for any of their upcoming figures. Hopefully, they will start over and get a better artist to make the mesh.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

LaurieA posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 6:59 PM

Quote - ...but they REALLY need to get some better talent to do these sculpts for any of their upcoming figures. Hopefully, they will start over and get a better artist to make the mesh.

Don't hold your breath, unless you look good in blue...lol ;o).

Laurie

Ghostofmacbeth posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 7:15 PM

The thing is that with Fygomatic you are trying to get a specific person, with V4 they are going for an average or something more adept at being Anime, Toon and Real but people don't use the dials or explore on their own.

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 7:38 PM

Quote - Actually, you can re-work a Daz mesh in ZB quite a bit and get some great realism. Take a look at the "Fygomatic" images to see how V4 heads can be very realistic.

Is your point that if a morph doesn't look like Meagan Fox then it's not realistic?  You're mixing up aesthetics with realism.  What specific flaws are you talking about, aside from them not being pretty enough for you?  Please note, I wouldn't use any of those face morphs at 1.0 either, but then I wouldn't be interested in using ANYBODY ELSE'S face morph at 1.0 these days.

My Freebies

drifterlee posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 7:51 PM

I can't get S4's morphs to work. I injected her with the V4 morphs plus and still nothing worked.

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 8:21 PM

Did you run the updater?  Are you trying to inject the morphs into the CR2 written by the DAZ installer, or a CR2 you had previously saved?  The channels have to be in the CR2, and the updater only writes those channels into a brand new CR2, any old files (including figures you had in scenes) won't have the new channels required - so the INJ poses will appear to work, they won't error, but they won't work either.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 9:04 PM

This is the "Include Scales" option I was talking about, it's found on the Parameter Dials -> Properties tab of each conformer.

My Freebies

jartz posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 11:03 PM

That's for Poser 8, right?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 11:05 PM

Yeah, for Poser 8/Pro 2010.  So far it seems to work very well, right now the only part I've had problems with is in the feet for some high-heeled shoe rigs when the feet are scaled (probably because my shoe rig is not boned quite the same as V4).

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 11:13 PM

here's a more thorough test - this is with the Petite scale  dial ( which does 90% all, 95% thigh, 95% shin, 110% head) with no manual changes done to scale for any of the garments, just enabling that property on all garments.  I've also added the S4 morphs to this suit and used a whole bunch of them.   Still fits!

My Freebies

RobynsVeil posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 11:41 PM

Wow, I love how her back-of-the-knee folds where she bends it. They got that right! I'm thoroughly impressed... she might become my new favourite as well.

Metaphor of Chooks

KimberlyC posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 11:48 PM

very impressive pjz :)

Latexluv posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:02 AM

I second that, pjz!  I re-installed Stephany 4 into Poser 7 and now she loads properly. She is smaller and I did have to scale the clothing to fit her. Here she is wearing a PW shirt with BB's new nylon shader.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

3DNeo posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:17 AM

Quote - > Quote - Actually, you can re-work a Daz mesh in ZB quite a bit and get some great realism. Take a look at the "Fygomatic" images to see how V4 heads can be very realistic.

Is your point that if a morph doesn't look like Meagan Fox then it's not realistic?  You're mixing up aesthetics with realism.  What specific flaws are you talking about, aside from them not being pretty enough for you?  Please note, I wouldn't use any of those face morphs at 1.0 either, but then I wouldn't be interested in using ANYBODY ELSE'S face morph at 1.0 these days.

No, you are inserting inferences into what I said, read it word for word. I was not comparing realism in the manor you stated. If you like it that's great and all that matters in the end. My point has already been made and was clear. If you are a professional artist and use programs like ZB, Modo, etc. then it is VERY clear about all the issues Daz has with the mesh. The artists that worked on these 4th generation figures just did not do a very good sculpt.

Go over to CGSociety or in the Pixologic ZB official web site and ask for them to explain it since I am sure you will get MANY replies from those that sculpt their own models. The Daz models break down, have poor verticies in areas, not as poly around the eyes as it should be,, etc. If you look at a generation 4 mesh and ZOOM in a LOT in ZB you can see these verticies and the base sculpt they did. It is NOT good and requires a lot of work. That is why any professional artist would balk at saying this is a good enough design to be a professional sculpt. Its saving grace is the sheer amount of content that Daz has for it and the fact so many choose to use them instead.

Happy rendering.

Jeff

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:38 AM

Quote - then it is VERY clear about all the issues Daz has with the mesh.

If you're just not able to articulate these issues I guess that's fine!

My Freebies

Eric Walters posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 1:44 AM

I so far I am thinking "StephV4"  bends better than V4.2. I scaled a vendor product to fit, added Danae Rio texture, BBVSS3, BB's Envirosphere with a Vue Render as texture, and the same texture applied to IBL (no IDL).The face is a blend of share CG obj morphs from Magneto1969 and Werts.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2076193

side note: thanks for the Seraphim charcter pjz99!

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 1:46 AM

Just FYI (it isn't obvious from looking at the things) - V4 and Stephanie 4 (and Aiko 4, Girl 4, She-Freak 4) are all the same figure.  Same mesh, same CR2, same rig, same everything.  All the variations are just morphs and scale changes.  They bend the same way :)

My Freebies

kobaltkween posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 1:56 AM

Quote - Yeah that was the idea behind ExP (whoever actually innovated that, I don't think it was DAZ).  If you understand that structure of how DAZ gets their "updater" utility to read in new *.pz2 files and inserts them into a target CR2 then you could conceivably convert that stuff, I haven't looked at it since I have no use for it.  I'd suggest you PM Ralf and ask him if his utility can make this task easier, if you're not utterly against even thinking about it.  There's a lot of information that I'm totally not interested in reading myself about ExP here:
http://artzone.daz3d.com/wiki/doku.php/wiki/user/rbtwhiz/technotes/content/exp/start

If you're asking about the generic/community channels (not sure):  There are 50 "data" channels (PBMDC) and 50 "control" channels (PBMCC) in each body part except head/neck, which has 70 of each.  What do you want to do exactly?  It's sounding like you want to convert your set of morphs that live in these channels to unique/reserved internal names so you don't have to worry about that kind of conflict in the future?

yeah, i understand that was the purpose for ExP. and i can see that the !DAZ folder seems to be where the cr2's actually get all their channels, which is why Morphia can support S4 even though there's no update for Morphia.  thanks for the link!   hmmmm.  i've seen the readScript statements, and i've poked at the different directories and their files.  maybe that would be the right answer for Alice. i'm not worried about morphs i make, i'm worried about morphs i've purchased.  i'm trying to figure out how to get other's morphs to play nicely together. 

who's Ralf?  if his utility is commercial, i can't afford it right now.  i'm not against using utilities, i'm for using whatever works and is free.  afaik, the only free editor is CR2 Editor, which is great for traversing structure and lower powered for editing. 

actually, the D is for DAZ and the C is for Community.  i got that much from the forums, and from usage.  when you stick stuff into those channels, they show up in the DAZ and Community parameter groups.  i thought 50 was right, but i've seen some Pose files that seem to indicate more (75).  it's kind of a blur now, so maybe i was just looking at the head. 

i also thought people were using the Exp method mostly, but in fact the built in channels are the method of choice.  i have some really popular and common sets, and a lot of them step on each other's toes.  and i don't even have lots of them.  for instance, i don't have Maelwenn's Angel, Posermatic's NBS, or most of Liquid Rust's line.  i do have some morphs by all of them, and they all use PBMCC channels. 

again, not my morphs.  i don't claim any responsibility for this mess. >:D  i just want to be able to mix and match everything i own rather than being locked in.  Alice is the only problem right now, but i i'd like to be able to address the problem in general.

edited to remove confusion about rigging.  i thought you said her foot was rigged differently than V4's.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 2:22 AM

Ralf is Dimension3D.  If you're broke I completely understand and can relate (I'm broke too).  Shame because his editor has paid me back better than nearly anything I spent money on for Poser.  If only I could trade in all the garbage content I own and will never load, now that I know better.

I'll take your word for it about D vs C, I really don't know where I got that idea in the first place.

I expect that practically nobody outside of DAZ is making use of ExP, because it's complicated and weird.  I understand what you want to do, you want to take a bunch of morphs that load on PBM*## channels and give them their own unique channels so you don't have conflicts any more - this can be done, but it is a pretty massive task without automation even for a single FBM, since it has morph data that lives on every single body part.

Maybe you could get some help from Rob Whisenant, the guy who wrote the documentation on this for DAZ.  He may have (actually, certainly has) some tools that automate this process and make it less painful, although whether he can share them is a different matter.
http://www.rbtwhiz.com/
since he doesn't actually have this kind of tool already out there, I expect he can't share it, but it wouldn't hurt to ask him.

My Freebies

Eric Walters posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 2:35 AM

Quote - Just FYI (it isn't obvious from looking at the things) - V4 and Stephanie 4 (and Aiko 4, Girl 4, She-Freak 4) are all the same figure.  Same mesh, same CR2, same rig, same everything.  All the variations are just morphs and scale changes.  They bend the same way :)

No, No, No! Leave me my illusions! Not only does S4 bend better-but she talks to me and is a real person.... uh oh, time for another dose! :=)

hemi4261 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 5:41 AM

In this pic I transferred the Stephanie 4 FBM into the corset using MorphingClothes. Worked out pretty well, I have some problems with the stockings though.

Free Centaur morphs for V4,M4,M3,AM,A3 and the Daz Millennium Horse

Zaycrow posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 10:58 AM

Anyone found the trick to fit V4 shoes on S4? I just thought I found it with 90% body and 95% Shine, but that doesn't work for other shoes.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 11:20 AM

For the Petite scale setting: 90% body, 95% shin and 95% thigh (or just check the box in P8+).

My Freebies

Zaycrow posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:27 PM

Yes, with those scaling settings it should fit, but some don't after posing S4. Could it be that some poses have scaling settings for shoes in them?

Natolii posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:27 PM

The RDNA Ultra morphs inject with no problem, so you are not limited on Face.

I'm trying to revamp one of my V4 Chars with the new S4 morph, and so far so good.

Doesn't Poser 8 and higher have Wardrobe Wizard as a Feature? If So, inject the S4 morphs into the V4 figure and Analyze.

Works like She-Freak 4.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:43 PM

Quote - Yes, with those scaling settings it should fit, but some don't after posing S4. Could it be that some poses have scaling settings for shoes in them?

Yeah I see that when you apply one of the DAZ "Stephanie 4" poses, it causes any conformed clothing to become "stuck" in the previous pose.  I haven't figured out exactly what is in the poses that causes this, but to work around it, pick any one conformer and re-conform it to V4 and everything will pop onto the figure.  I don't know what will happen with multiple figures in the scene.  Since it appears to be a problem with the pose files themselves (other poses of mine work fine) I'm looking at them to see if there is a permanent fix to get rid of this problem. 

Moving the V4 figure a little bit and undoing also seems to make the clothing pop onto the figure...

My Freebies

LaurieA posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:50 PM

I ran into that too. I just reconformed ;o).

Laurie

Natolii posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:52 PM

That's not confirmed to just Stephanie's Poses. It happens with V3 and V4 as well. Sometimes m4. Just wish I knew what it was to isolate it.

Quote - > Quote - Yes, with those scaling settings it should fit, but some don't after posing S4. Could it be that some poses have scaling settings for shoes in them?

Yeah I see that when you apply one of the DAZ "Stephanie 4" poses, it causes any conformed clothing to become "stuck" in the previous pose.  I haven't figured out exactly what is in the poses that causes this, but to work around it, pick any one conformer and re-conform it to V4 and everything will pop onto the figure.  I don't know what will happen with multiple figures in the scene.  Since it appears to be a problem with the pose files themselves (other poses of mine work fine) I'm looking at them to see if there is a permanent fix to get rid of this problem. 

Moving the V4 figure a little bit and undoing also seems to make the clothing pop onto the figure...

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 1:02 PM

Apparently this is caused by the lack of a "figure" block in the pose file - fairly sure this is new behavior in Poser 8, I don't think previous versions cared if this block was present in older versions.
Add:

Quote -
figure
    {
    }

just inside the last brace ("{") in these pose files and it goes away.  I don't think this is particularly DAZ's fault.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 1:11 PM

yeah that's what it was, I just went through all 20 poses with that little edit and they all behave OK.

My Freebies

Natolii posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 1:24 PM

It's not a new behavior to 8.

I was experiencing it in 6 and still get it in 7.

I'll have to try that fix.

Quote - Apparently this is caused by the lack of a "figure" block in the pose file - fairly sure this is new behavior in Poser 8, I don't think previous versions cared if this block was present in older versions.
Add:

Quote -
figure
    {
    }

just inside the last brace ("{") in these pose files and it goes away.  I don't think this is particularly DAZ's fault.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 1:30 PM

Sorry, that last character should have been "}" (the last closing brace in the file).  Put that "figure" block in just before the last "}".

My Freebies

Natolii posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 2:06 PM

Okay, a bit of a comparison Body Styling Morphs by 3dArena, Ultra Head Morphs set 1 by RDNA and Pretty 3d Pretty Base IV Shaders. The outfit is Shadowdancer V4 and the hair is Mitsu for A3. I ran the Pants through Wardrobe Wizard 2, so it's not perfect. The Shirt was scaled down, as well as the boots. I had to hide Body parts. The Hair is a mixture of the v4 fit, the Aikotoon fit and a little scaling. Nose is a little bigger, but the look is pretty good.

Victoria 4

Stephanie 4

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 3:22 PM

Moving on to test the scaling business in Poser 7 - things are OK until you get below the thigh - shins and feet do not deform correctly.  I guess this is something broken in Poser 7 and fixed in Poser 8/later.  I suspect shoes just cannot be made to work with the S4 scale changes in Poser 7 and older versions - MAYBE if the shoe is rigged exactly the same as V4, it might work.

My Freebies

Natolii posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 3:49 PM

I had to scale the Shoes to about 85%-87% and hide the feet the rest of the way in this case.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 3:54 PM

Natolii are you using Poser 7, or 8?

My Freebies

Natolii posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 4:08 PM

Poser 7.

Depending on the Modeler, 87% seems to be the magic number. Lourdes Boot's from Shadowdancer needed to hide the feet. Billy-T's Engineer boots fit at 87% without hiding feet.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 4:27 PM

That sucks, but it seems to match what I'm experiencing.  I guess this is more incentive to get people to buy Poser 8/Pro 2010.

My Freebies

Natolii posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 5:21 PM

As I was reminded, Daz is supporting Poser 8 and up. They skipped over Poser 7, not a huge deal since 6-7 wasn't that big a change.

More a push to DS, but hey yanno.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 6:34 PM

A couple more fitting jobs that came out really nicely - I'm happy that leggings and shoes are working out this well since SM fixed that bone scaling bug, yay.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 6:36 PM

an easy one (torso only)... this one used the "Hourglass" scale combination, along with the Ella FBM, a lot softer and rounder than you could get the base V4 even with a lot of screwing around.  Pretty nice for a free update!

My Freebies

LaurieA posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 6:44 PM

Wow! I really like that second one! She looks very, very good :o).

Laurie

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 7:26 PM

Yeah she deserves another pic.  Three cheers for round hips!

My Freebies

LaurieA posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 9:03 PM

Ladies look so much better with some meat on their bones ;o).

And Steph's legs are closer to realistic in length than Vicky's telephone poles...lol.

Laurie

3anson posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 3:59 AM

quickie in P7

FaeMoon posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 12:14 PM

Quote - Is it me...

Laurie

Well, that is the base face.  I'm sure she can be dialed to be however the artist wishes her to be.  I think she's kinda cool.  

FaeMoon posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 12:26 PM

Quote -  What's morphia?

A really cool add on for V4.  I did this pic with Morphia for all the little fairies and such.

[ www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2064132&user_id=653664&np&np)

pjz99 posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 1:16 PM

In any case the face morphs are entirely optional and separate from all the body stuff (aside from the fact they're at the low low price of zero dollars).

My Freebies

jartz posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 1:20 PM

This is Stephanie's body dials, with my own custom morph.  Just a test render, that's all.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

FaeMoon posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 3:23 PM

Quote - This is Stephanie's body dials, with my own custom morph.  Just a test render, that's all.

JB

That is beautiful.  I'm very impressed with all of these.

pjz99 posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 7:49 PM

I was so proud of this dress, I'm pretty happy it converted this well (the black widow skirt has some problems so far).  I'll be re-releasing my various V4 freebies eventually, this will be one of the first. 

My Freebies

jartz posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 7:56 PM

Oooooooh, can't wait, your outfits rock!

Latexluv posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 9:34 PM

I love that outfit! What boots are those?

Weapons of choice:

JenX posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 9:59 PM

I'm liking the renders so far :)  Also, pjz99, I'm drooling over your lights.  Hopefully, I can figure out how to make my lights look half as good.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Latexluv posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 10:08 PM

grin I've always coveted pjz's light set ups.

Weapons of choice:

JenX posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 10:17 PM

They're pretty amazing :)  He's got a way with the program that is pretty awesome, in every sense of the word.  His exact lighting setup isn't what I would use for anything, because I don't tend to do showcases, but I hope to one day figure out how to light things, in my style of Poser art, that looks even 1/10th as good as his :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

LaurieA posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 10:27 PM

Quote -  They're pretty amazing :)  He's got a way with the program that is pretty awesome, in every sense of the word.  His exact lighting setup isn't what I would use for anything, because I don't tend to do showcases, but I hope to one day figure out how to light things, in my style of Poser art, that looks even 1/10th as good as his :)

Ah lighting...that elusive thing that I have yet to master in 12 years of using Poser, second only to my shortcomings with materials ;o).

pjz99 posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 10:31 PM

There isn't anything complicated going on with lighting there, that's just two point lights (same as pretty much all my recent renders).  This environment prop is the big secret:
http://sites.google.com/site/fleshforge2/Home/free-stuff/renderroom-prop

Spheres work too, just this kind of environment mimics a photo studio fairly well for GI / Indirect Lighting purposes.  For the earlier renders in this thread (the super-bright ones) I had two point lights set for Constant attenuation, for the later ones (and probably most future ones because I'm getting more comfortable with it) I set the lights to Inverse Square attenuation.  No "cheat" lights or infinites or anything like that, this is plain old "practical" lighting that you could reproduce with real lights.  My render settings are actually terribly low (irradiance caching 1, IDL quality 1) because I don't feel like waiting all day for essentially a one-off forum render.

The black boots are some pretty nice ones by Idler168 - I think I want to start modeling and rigging more shoes of my own though, I only have a couple that I've done and they're very unique (the white backless thigh boots and the crazy wraparound Arcane Edge boots).

Thanks for the flattering comments :)

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 10:34 PM

This is my default scene that loads when I start Poser - it relies on the RenderRoom prop being in your default runtime but otherwise doesn't require anything.  (save it and rename to just Blank Scene.zip)

edit: now I don't ever want to see any damn nose glow in any of your renders, REALLY.

My Freebies

JenX posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 10:41 PM

hey, now, I don't think any of mine have noseglow, LOL.  I just don't find them perfect, LOL.  

pjz99 posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 10:47 PM

The one really big downside to my lighting setup is that it chokes on most transmapped hair - this is not all that much a fault of Poser though, I think that's common in GI.  I just set hair to be exempt from raytracing, too much time required otherwise.  Partly this is how complex Poser hair models tend to be, with many planes of overlapping transparent polys.  Probably I need to start doing my own hair models as well.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 11:12 PM

oops, please note one caveat with that scene file - there is an infinite light called "WORK LIGHT - TURN OFF TO RENDER".  Guess what you need to do with that one before rendering!

My Freebies

JenX posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 11:13 PM

Change the x-axis to 42?

;)

JenX posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 11:14 PM

Thanks for sharing, btw :)  

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 12:18 AM

I don't put that scene setup forward as the absolute most realistic setup in the world, I'm sure it has many problems (for example I don't use gamma correction) - but it is very simple and straightforward, renders pretty fast and is easy to tweak.  Have fun with it.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 12:40 AM

and because I don't like to leave a page without a pic (you nerds will fill it up with text, I don't trust you)

My Freebies

Latexluv posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 2:02 AM

Thanks so much! I'll boot this up in just a few minutes. I'm assembling a Bathroom for a scene. Well, just a nice tub, with water.  You see I have this fetish for things like glass and water......ah but that's for other threads. I like threads with lots of pictures!

Weapons of choice:

Marque posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 4:12 AM

Anyone get the wolf hair to fit her?

Marque posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 5:31 AM

I was told on the phone by two daz techs that they do not support 2010, so wondering why folks are saying they do. Does anyone have a link saying they support 2010 and if so can you please kick it to me so I can call back and get it straight? One tech told me they don't use 2010 and so they don't even test for it. Getting a tad confused here and wishing these were emails I had and not phone calls.

Marque posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 5:50 AM

Just curious how are you guys/gals getting the hair to fit. BTW thanks for the tip on the checkbox for the clothing!

Marque posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 5:59 AM

Ok so basically any hair I use doesn't work and there isn't a box to include scales when conforming for hair. Are you just positioning the hair and then doing set figure parent?
Thanks

Marque posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 6:03 AM

Also earrings don't seem to work...lol

Marque posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 6:23 AM

Ok figured out what I was doing wrong....sheesh!
Getting a refund for the package, yes bought into the pro version. Going to just pick up what I like, wolf hair and a few other things. I really like the way she looks just some of the items aren't too great, at least for me anyway.

JenX posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 6:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/i/support/faq?id=312&_m=d

In this FAQ entry, they state that items should be compatible with as old as Poser 6.  I can't find it (it may be in a vendors-only forum), but they also state that they're only testing for P8 or PP2010 compatibility, since testing as far back as 6 would be redundant. However, testing for a software version does NOT mean it will work for you 100%.  Sometimes, computer idiosyncracies come into play.

RobynsVeil posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 7:21 AM

This is Stephanie 4 rendered in Poser Pro 2010 with Fabi's KiriTe Hair and stocking shader by BagginsBill... I turned off material GC for the skin shader and turned on render GC. Also set GC to 1 for all transmaps (think I might have missed eyelashes and eyebrows, tho) and masks and stuff:

So, Steph works in Poser Pro 2010. Oh, and the Corvas armpit adjustments work too.

All the clothing has been scaled down to somewhere between 89 % and 91 %, and further adjustments made after that. So, she's a bit fiddly... might try Morph Clothes and see if I can just get items to fit her straight out of the cr2 box.

Metaphor of Chooks

Tashar59 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 11:55 AM

All the hair and clothes work for me in PP2010. You need to do the same thing as the clothes. Select the body group and then you can select the scale checkbox.

I know for a fact that S4 was tested in P8 and PP2010.

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 12:05 PM

Don't take it for granted that all the proportion dials are going to work with all conformers - the Petite dial is pretty safe because it's the least drastic.  Several of the others will have problems with rigs that are not 100% the same as the base V4 (e.g. high heels).

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 4:42 PM

I know I'm kinda over-using this hipshot pose but it's just so darn cute with this kind of hip shape.  The conversion for this suit is pretty much done, although only the "Petite" scale dial seems to work well with it - the morphs all came out pretty well.

and yes the background looks terribly blotchy, it looks like Inverse Square falloff on lights does not mix very well with minimum quality render settings... running another with 50 IDL quality instead of 1

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 5:04 PM

Yeah that came out a whole lot nicer at 50 IDL quality, and render time wasn't really significantly increased, so I guess this is my new default render setting.

My Freebies

hborre posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 5:48 PM Online Now!

I have started to look into using Morphing Clothes to introduce S4 morphs, and, at least, one of my results looks promising.  However, if you want the basic morphs, you must load S4 into Poser and afterwards save the model as a new figure.  Otherwise, MorphClothes will not see the morph channels within the base cr2.  The proportions work very well with the article of clothing I used, as well as the boots.  I will try to post something later.

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 6:15 PM

There's an "inject" button that also works, although yeah it's more convenient to just load all the morphs into one reference CR2 and save that (especially if you have many garments to convert).

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 6:51 PM

Oh, hooray for me - I've figured out how to get some of my problem child rigs to work with Poser 8/later body part scaling.  In places where I've added extra bones (e.g. the little string tie on the back of the corset I showed earlier) the smoo* joint parameter just needs to be moved so that all parts of that bodypart's mesh are completely outside of it.  That's a relief!

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 8:17 PM

Come on kids, you're making me do all the work here today.  This skirt has 8 "body handles", and was a real problem until I figured out that business with adjusting smoo* joint parameters, I'm glad I figured this out.  That's the Hourglass scale setting, which scales up the hip along with other stuff.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 8:41 PM

Yep got body part scaling working everywhere, yay me.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 10:19 PM

Double bonus:  Body part scaling works for She-Freak 4/Girl 4 also!

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 12:06 AM

Anybody have a thing for dwarves?  I realize she has no beard, sorry.

Short + Stout + Caitlyn FBM + SheFreak scales and morphs

My Freebies

rjjack posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 5:42 AM

Stephanie 4, custom dynamic dress, default texture with VSS, fabiana twintails hair

rjjack posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 5:59 AM

Attached Link: BB IDL Light Wall

Some experiment with the pjz99 scene and IDL. head morph ans texture is Grace @ DAZ, fabiana KiriTe hair, lights are various props in the scene after reading the BB thread

rjjack posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 6:00 AM

hborre posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 12:34 PM Online Now!

After injecting specific V4 morphs into S4, I resaved the model and, afterwards, transferred those morphs to Aery Soul's SciFi outfit using Morphing Clothes.  I did get carried away constructing the scene, but the image above was rendered in PoserPro 2010.  S4 is morphed with V4's bodybuilder settings and her body parameters set to Petite and Hourglass, which the outfit conformed to very easily.  Body morphs were applied from character to outfit using copy & paste with slight tweaking to eliminate tiny pokethroughs.  Rendered with 2 point lights using IDL.  Robynveil should recognize the skin texture, it's her HR-Donna with all shader GC reset to 1.  The outfit's shaders needed some rework, their original set up, interestingly, caused artifacts to appear during render.

pjz99 posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 12:39 PM

It looks like the hip of the garment is standing away from the character - if it has any extra bones around the hip/thigh then those probably need adjustment to their associated smoo* parameters (not simple to do).

My Freebies

hborre posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 12:43 PM Online Now!

I noticed that also.  For the most part, the slight flair doesn't look that bad.  I may look into it later, this render took a bit of time due to the hair transparency and IDL. 

hborre posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 12:54 PM Online Now!

Pjz99, I just checked the outfit and, to my surprize, that flair is actually the outfit conforming to S4's hip size.  That is actually her under there. 

pjz99 posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 1:30 PM

Yikes, that's a wonky morph combination!

My Freebies

hborre posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 2:13 PM Online Now!

A little love handles action.

pjz99 posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 5:06 PM

PAGE NEEDS PICS!

I went way out of my way to try to break the dress and shoes with some really unreasonable scale settings:
Hourglass 1.0
Short 1.0
Stout 1.0
HeadSize 0.2
ChestSize -0.2
HandsSize 0.6
FeetSize 0.2
TheGirlScale 1.0

Plus a whole bunch of morphs
The Girl 4 0.3
Natalie 0.4
Grace 0.2

and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff besides.  Gnome Power!

My Freebies

hborre posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 5:42 PM Online Now!

Looks like S4 and the 2 current Poser version combinations have hit it off rather well.

pjz99 posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 6:13 PM

Redid that one with a couple of small fixes (dress intersecting the floor, oops) and thus a gratuitous image repost.

My Freebies

hborre posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 7:33 PM Online Now!

Can't wait until your final versions are released.

pjz99 posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 7:36 PM

Pretty much everything has converted very well, although the Trinity bikini bottom really doesn't suit the V4 rig (it goes right across the hip/thigh bend at a terrible angle) - that's not a new thing though, it was a problem before.  Otherwise things are looking pretty good, I need to get one more commercial jobby re-uploaded and then I'll get a few freebies repackaged and put out for download.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Wed, 30 June 2010 at 9:12 PM

Lazy no-pic-posting goobersmoochers...

This dress is updated and put out for download, see the freebies forum for links.

My Freebies

JenX posted Wed, 30 June 2010 at 10:43 PM

(sorry, I'm so far behind, I don't even have SP4 installed yet :blushing: )

KimberlyC posted Wed, 30 June 2010 at 11:31 PM

wow..keeps getting better and better pjz :)

pjz99 posted Thu, 01 July 2010 at 3:22 PM

This is one of the nicer face shapes for V4 I've ever managed to come up with... This suit is updated, see [ the freebies forum for download links](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2805360).

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Thu, 01 July 2010 at 4:11 PM

Err, I don't guess a lot of people are really looking at her face though.

My Freebies

hborre posted Thu, 01 July 2010 at 7:57 PM Online Now!

Did somebody say, "I'm up here!"

pjz99 posted Fri, 02 July 2010 at 4:51 AM

Instead of sleeping, I pressed on and finished up this outfit.  The morphs actually came out quite a bit smoother than the previous version.  See the [ free stuff forum for download links](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2805397).

My Freebies

richardson posted Fri, 02 July 2010 at 9:14 AM

here, here

Nice workmanship. Even fits a supercustom fbm

pjz99 posted Fri, 02 July 2010 at 10:39 AM

sweet :)

My Freebies

KarenJ posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:29 AM

Thanks for the room prop, Paul. Your work is inspiring here. I'm about to move house in 2 days but I'm sat here playing with Steph instead of packing, heehee.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

pjz99 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:40 AM

Yay Karen picks up with some renders :)

If you want the blotchy stuff going on on the floor to be smoother, turn up Indirect Lighting Quality in render options (I run at 50% now, with Irradiance Caching left at 1).

My Freebies

KarenJ posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:37 AM

Ah, thanks for that. The AO is a little too strong on the floor as well.

Just found out we're going to be offline for about a fortnight :ohmy: so I'll be using the downtime to play with her and maybe make a morph and texture pack :)

"you are terrifying

pjz99 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 5:02 AM

AO is kinda made obsolete by Indirect Lighting/Global Illumination, I haven't bothered with it since installing Poser 8.  Rather than just tell you "don't use AO", which is of course your choice, I do suggest you try rendering without it and see if you really miss it (renders run a lot faster besides).

My Freebies

nabob21 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:33 AM

I have installed S4 and everything works fine in Poser 8 but in Poser 7, only the head morphs work and none of the body morphs. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any replies.

KarenJ posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:35 PM

I haven't had this much fun with a model since I don't remember when. Actually I haven't really played properly with Poser - for fun, as opposed to work - since P7 came out. Sigh.

"you are terrifying

KarenJ posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:36 PM

Nabob, have you run the installer to both your P7 and P8 runtimes?

"you are terrifying

pjz99 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:39 PM

Yeah that's what it sounds like to me also, if you have V4 in both runtimes.

My Freebies

LaurieA posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:46 PM

Quote - This is one of the nicer face shapes for V4 I've ever managed to come up with...
This suit is updated, see the freebies forum for download links.

Um, that shape is....awesome! I've never seen V4 look so good ;o). Another one that looks human...lol.

Laurie

pjz99 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 3:50 PM

I wonder if I saved that.

My Freebies

nabob21 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:02 PM

Hello KarenJ and pjz99,

Thanks for your replies. I have all of the V4 files in an external runtime so both Poser 7 and Poser 8 are accessing the same files. I have in fact run the installers (several times actually to make sure that I didn't miss anything) but to no effect. It is odd that the S4 head morphs install and work for both Poser versions, but the body morphs only install and work work in Poser 8. Strangely, if I save an S4 based figure in Poser 8 and then open it in Poser 7 all of the morphs work. But they will not work on an S4 base figure opened directly in Poser 7.

KarenJ posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:04 PM

Poser can be a bit iffy using morph data from external runtimes. I would recommend that you run the installer and point it to both P7 and P8 base directory. You can still load the figure and apply the morphs from your chosen external runtime, but adding the deltas to your base install seems to work more reliably.

"you are terrifying

pjz99 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 4:20 PM

Best contact DAZ support, I'm sure you're not the only person who's ever tried this.

My Freebies

Vex posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:51 PM

S4 is a MASSIVE improvement over V4. Even without armpit fix, but Corvas's genius work ( which im surprised has not been included / bought out from daz ) works plenty well.

I rendered the different body morphs and proportions:

Scaling is NP in P8+ ( checking box ) but a friend told me to scale in P7:

Quote - To get the clothes to work right (I am still using P7) Parent the clothing to steph then conform. Parenting instructs the figure to inherit all the data from the figure and will help with the scaling issues. Might seem like a pain but two extra clicks > a headache from stressing over scales and shit hehe

pjz99 posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 10:33 PM

There's actually a pretty good free armpit JCM from DAZ already.  It's not included but it's not hard to pick up either.
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=100712&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=144
This has been available for quite a long time now (since December 2008) and I kind of agree, I'm a bit surprised DAZ hasn't just integrated it.  I guess they're afraid of breaking people's conforming clothing rigs, I dunno.  They could have given you a dial to control it, at worst.

Quote - Parenting instructs the figure to inherit all the data from the figure and will help with the scaling issues.

That isn't really correct, it will inherit scaling from the BODY only, not the shins/thighs and all the other stuff going on, and all the proportions dials do more complex things than just scale down the body.  You CAN get scales to automatically hook to corresponding V4 scales, but it is not trivial (modify the conformer CR2 in an editor and add ERC code to do it for each body part) and this makes the checkbox in P8 apply twice - and aside from that, the conformer probably won't deform the same as the character, when the character is posed.  The old workaround was to not conform the garment, just make the character its parent, and to apply poses to both the character and the garment (i.e. a huge pain).

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 8:46 PM

I think I may update my avatar pic.

My Freebies

WandW posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 10:14 PM

I think you should! 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

KimberlyC posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 11:16 PM

lol thats wild :P

PsychoNaut posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 12:40 PM

pzj99 There is something uniquely sexy about all of your renders in this thread.  I'm not a fan of piercings, but that latest one...  wow.  Heh heh.  That's a wild one!

pjz99 posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, I do try :)

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 2:07 AM

A new day, a new S4 pic.  Ralfeta's Bend Morph mixes pretty nicely with everything else, great addition.

My Freebies

richardson posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 6:10 AM

Paul,, you're starting to get me competitive..;)

pjz99 posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 11:44 AM

Competition is good for cheesecake quality!

My Freebies

Eric Walters posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 2:55 AM

Stephanie 4, Maulette, Darth M's kid sister. Considering a career in Journalism rather than the EVIL Sith Lord career path. :-)

nekkidchikken posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 5:30 AM

So here's a stupid question from someone who has absolutely no idea how to do it. The new S4 morphs won't work with presaved characters because the morph channels aren't there, right? How hard would it be to add them into the saved CR2 files via a text editor of some sort? Without knowledge of how or what, I'm thinking save head morph into Expressions folder, save body morph into pose folder. Then somehow copy, cut and paste? Will it work? Am I even close?

pjz99: Any chance of posting the dial settings you used to create the woman on about page 3 of this thread? I've tried and tried to duplicate it with no good results.

pjz99 posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 10:59 AM

The simple way to get settings out of old saved figures:

I'll see if I can find the settings used, a lot of these were just a few minutes of fooling around and I didn't save them.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 11:36 AM

Err actually, load the NEW V4 FIRST, and then when you re-save the figure to library the figure name will be just "Victoria 4" rather than "41" (simpler for working with the Magnetize poses).

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 11:41 AM

For this pic the body settings were:
FBMDefinition 0.3
FBMFitness 0.2
FBMVoluptuous 0.3
FBMBulk 0.3
PBMLatsSize 0.66
PBMBreastsSize -0.464
PBMBreastsNatural -0.5 (they're perky + she's falling)
PBMBreastsDroop -0.25 (she's falling) 
PBMBreastsCleavage -0.156
PBMBreastsCleavageWidth 0.864 (the arms are spread a whole lot, done just for this pose)
PBMBreastsHangForward -0.2
PBMAreolaSize -0.652
PBMAreolaPerk 0.232
PBMNipples 1
PBMTummyOut -0.2
PBMWaistWidth -0.5
PBMHipsSize 0.4
PBMGlutesSize 0.2
PBMGluteRaiseL 0.516 (mainly because the leg is bent)
FBMS4Natalie 0.8
FBMS4Paige 0.3
PBMGluteUpperDepth 0.75
SCLS4Petite 1

My Freebies

nekkidchikken posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 6:39 PM

Thanks! For both! I'll give them a go.

pjz99 posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 5:57 PM

Sleepy thread, wake up!

Updating this bikini, even gnomes like their pinup girls.
See the freebies forum for download link.

My Freebies

hborre posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 8:43 PM Online Now!

NICE!