Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: grrrrr....cloth room broken!

stimuli opened this issue on Jun 26, 2010 · 14 posts

stimuli posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 3:52 PM

In the last few years I've converted many many props and figures in Poser's cloth room to dynamic cloth for use in animation and while it has a few strange "quirks" now and then (like not selecting any vertices if you drag the box too large) its usually pretty reliable.

Now Ive run into a new problem that makes the cloth room completely unusable for me.

For some reason after I clothify an object, when I attempt to edit the dynamic groups by drag-boxing over vertices....nothing happens. No vertices get selected no matter how large the box is....even if I zoom in and only try to select ONE vertex. This happens when trying to add OR subtract vertices from any of the groups (dynamic, constrained, choreographed etc.)
Clicking the "add all" or "remove all" buttons works just fine.....ALL the vertices get added or subtracted but obviously its rare that you will want ALL of your dynamic object to belong to a single group.

Ive tried clothifying several props and figures in both Poser 6 and 7 but its the same thing in both versions....I cant select vertices.
Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Im hoping its something stupid I've just forgotten since I last used the cloth room.

I swear I've had so many problems with Poser since I switched to an ATI graphics card but I dont see how my gfx card would have any effect on the cloth room.