Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OpenGL problems (poser 7)

stimuli opened this issue on Jul 03, 2010 ยท 12 posts

stimuli posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 1:51 AM

I think I posted a thread about this specific problem in the last couple months but now I can't find it =(

so....here goes again...
(deep breath)

Recently I switched from an Nvidia geforce card to an ATI Radeon card. (yes im using the latest Catalyst drivers v10.6 released 6/16/2010)

Now Poser has certain problems when preview display is set to openGL. (one of which was selecting vertices in the cloth room and was adressed in a previous thread)

The biggest problem is when using the "create movie" feature. If openGL is on when compiling a movie (even just as individual frames) memory page usage rises and rises until Poser crashes (the program disappears from my screen). If I cancel the movie process before the crash the system's memory page usage stays at the elevated level it reached when cancelled until I close Poser.
If the preview display is set to SreeD instead of openGL this memory escalation and crash does not occur but posing and manipulation of scene elements in SreeD mode is much slower than openGL especially when many polygons are involved.
Also SreeD displays scene elements differently than openGL
The only solution to this problem I've found so far is to use openGL to pose my scenes then switch to SreeD when compiling an animation but changing this option every few minutes slows down the workflow process considerably.

I dont want to have to replace the card.
So any ideas what I can do about this?

I attempted to submit a ticket to the smith micro support page but that doesnt work (the page loads with errors so some required fields cannot be filled out).