Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: what means...

MainSequence opened this issue on Jul 05, 2010 · 8 posts

MainSequence posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 6:02 AM

i can remember, quite a while ago i suggested a minor improvement for the shop

trouble is ...
after not been too busy in here for a while, i came to have a look on whats new, whats on sale etc.
i found myself back in the marketplace area, and back in the same situation i was in last time i suggested to create a workaround for this issue

while watching products you see small icons near the products stating...
R rendoerosity exclusive (i guess)
$ on sale (i guess)
C  dunno

actually THIS is my problem ... WHERE is this explanation to that ?
do one really have to start digging that on your site ?

ok you say its all too simple for just having R C and $, but .. for a returning customer its
like having a ?, a ?? and an extra mysterious ??? instead, leaving one quite clueless.

i suggest to put such an explanation by either putting that on the bottom of the page like being done for those icons in the forum and/or  invoking a feature popping up the explanation while hoovering your mouse on the icon.

Victoria_Lee posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 7:19 AM

The "C" stands for "Clearance".

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

LaurieA posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 8:16 AM

R = Exclusive to Renderosity. You can't get it anywhere else.

$ = means the item is on sale.

C = means the item is on clearance.

MainSequence posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 1:25 PM

cough

your explanation definedly made my day, but does not actually make things better, cause i should not dig the forum to figure that, don't you think ?

nruddock posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 3:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/service/index.php?questionid=212

> Quote - *cough* > > your explanation definedly made my day, but does not actually make things better, cause i should not dig the forum to figure that, don't you think ?

You certainly shouldn't need to ask in the forums because it's in the FAQ.

MainSequence posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 3:08 AM

Quote - You certainly shouldn't need to ask in the forums because it's in the FAQ.

thats not the point
for this is the SUGGESTION forum ....
i SUGGESTED to put the explanation in a position where one can instantly see it without digging the FAQ or the Forums

because it should be available the very moment i see the symbols and start asking myself what they mean

of course one can dig it somewhere but its unconfortable and does not bring some sort of immediate comfort to the user

got the point ?

DAM3D posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 5:32 AM

I like the suggestion. It makes things clear for people, especially new, potential customers. It is super easy to make a mouse-over popup flag that says "on sale" or "Exclusive" or 'Clearance" it's simple HTML. Adding a key to the top or bottom would be even easier. I do not understand why there would be any pushback on such a simple suggestion.

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

Jumpstartme2 posted Thu, 22 July 2010 at 11:02 AM

It's a good idea, one that I will add to the list for the MP admins to look over. :)

Thanks

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------