Forum: Photoshop

Subject: tablet for use with Adobe CS4 and mac pro 2006

Pedrith opened this issue on Jul 16, 2010 · 4 posts

Pedrith posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 9:40 AM

Hi.  I'm working on story boarding my animation project and wondering if there are any cheap tablet solutions.  I can't draw with the mouse and the thought of drawing on paper and scanning everything at work will be insane.  I was wondering if anybody know of a good and inexpensive tablet that will work with my 2006 Mac Pro and Adobe CS4.  Would also be a great benefit if it worked on my non-mac computer at work so I can storyboard over lunch.  I believe we have XP and Adobe elements 5.

Also out of curiosity, if and when I get C4D, could I use the pen to paint the textures on the objects?

Sincerely,

David G. Lein

aprilgem posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 9:49 AM

Wacom, Wacom, Wacom. I can't recommend it enough. :)

pauljs75 posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 8:12 PM

Even the Bamboo or an older used USB Graphire. Those will still fit the requirement of the above post. Either is adequate to let you know if using a tablet feels natural enough. (Not much point in buying a more expensive one, if you find you don't like using tablets.)

If you get the hang of either or those, upgrading to an Intuos is likely to come next. (And you could keep the older less expensive tablet to use with a laptop.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Pedrith posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 7:43 PM

Thanks.  I ended up going with the Wacom Intuos 4 (medium size).  I'm using a mouse and pen combination and it's working great.

Thanks,

David