Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: a plea to Poser merchants

elfguy opened this issue on Jul 22, 2010 ยท 30 posts

elfguy posted Thu, 22 July 2010 at 3:08 PM

I'm not sure what the best forum for this would be, like Marketplace Wishlist or General Discussion, so I'll put it here since this is a popular forum.

I'd like to make a plea to the merchants that sell here, to also sell elsewhere. The vast majority of vendors in the Poser world go with exclusive deals, whether it's here, DAZ3D, RDNA etc. Obviously it's because the merchant site offers a better % if you go with an exclusive deal, but it is a disservice to your customers, and I'm not even sure it's the best choice financially.

There's a lot of discontent on this site, like I assume there are in many communities. Unfortunately, we're kept chained to these sites if we want to buy the things that our favorite vendors create. It's not, as I heard a Forum Admin say in a recent locked thread, our option to just "leave" if we don't like the TOS. Sites like this make money when we buy from the marketplace, and we buy here because the items we want aren't anywhere else, so even though we dislike the site we still end up supporting them financially.

So I'm suggesting vendors start making their creations available elsewhere as well. Starting a personal web shop, like on Yahoo! or Squarespace, costs almost nothing and isn't that technically challenging. But you end up with 100% of the profits from there instead of 50%-75% here, and it gives us an option, and would I have the option I would never buy from this site again.